Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Reports: Asking God for Wisdom #14


Barbara Preston ... Member of body of Christ

Reading Juliett’s story on the blog today about her prescription and how God helped her reminded me of something that happened a while back where God stepped in and helped me with something similar.

One morning I saw there was a message on my phone and it was from my doctor’s office. When I listened to it, it was the doctor’s assistant telling me that my doctor wanted me to call and schedule some kind of physical.

I go in and see her about every 4-6 months for bp and med checks, etc. No physicals and unnecessary tests and she has been willing to work with me on this.

So this request seemed to come out of the blue.

I saw no reason for doing this and think that normally I would have just ignored the call. But the problem was that I needed to call the office sometime that very day about getting a refill on one of my meds.

I started talking to God about this, telling Him I didn’t want to call the office because I thought the physical subject might be mentioned since they had just called me and I really wanted to avoid this from happening.

I asked Him to please help me.

After I finished praying it seemed to me that I hadn’t heard anything, but I did have the thought not to call the doctor’s office right away concerning my refill but sometime later that day.

But not long after this I received an unexpected call from Walgreens saying they had refilled my prescription and it was ready for pickup.

I was so relieved and thankful that God answered my prayer and solved this problem for me, as He did.


Comments by Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

They are so programmed into preventive medicine which they seem to believe in ...and their tests...

When my cleaning lady said everyone should get flu shot, certainly she was not following God


Recently I asked Betsy (Betsy is very German and by the book)  if she got flu shot...she did...she also got the bad flu and couldn't get over it and had it 4 weeks

When I was in rehab for 1 month, nurse asked me if I wanted flu shot...I prayed...and also I asked nurse if she had flu shot...she grinned and said none of them took flu shots

Bob, bridge center partner's husband, had flu shot and got flu 3 times this year

Each of us have to live as we think best for where we are at this point in time


I quit last doctor and found another medical person when last doctor failed to fill my prescription for sleep aid after I made 2 requests. 


But I thought maybe doctor was right. 

For 2 weeks I didn't take sleep aid although I had several tablets in cabinet.  During that time, I prayed, "God, please show me what I should do."

I had been using sleep aid since accident to help me sleep.  I didn't want to take pain medicine.  


During the 2 weeks while not using sleep aid, the pain was so great I couldn't sleep much.  I grew very tired from lack of rest.  I'm 80-years-old.  

Finally it got to point I was so tired I was finding it difficult to write on the blog.  When I was stopped from giving exhortations, I knew I needed to take sleep aid. 

I went to another doctor, actually to nurse practitioner, and she told me I should never stop taking sleep aid at my age and in my circumstance.  She gave me another prescription for sleep aide. 

I always tell doctors I don't plan to do preventive medicine...if they refuse to work with me, I understand...I will find someone else...lots of doctors in town. 


Current nurse practitioner said she wants to see me every 6 months...seems reasonable to me...she won't do any tests...her visit is just to see how she feels about me...she listens with her stethoscope ... takes pulse...takes weight...she is overweight herself...she seems to have some common sense...
I think she knows I will not have any tests nor exams.

I don't plan to alter my course in order to get a prescription

If I have real problem, that is another matter, and I will consult God and do what I think best.

But I'm not afraid of them as most people seem to be...though I find medical people do try to frighten people.



*****



Pam Padgett ... Member of body of Christ

When my neighbor Jim fell and couldn't get up from the floor (but was not hurt) a few months ago, I prayed asking who might be able to help get him up.

My attention was called to the young couple who live on the other side of Jim's house.

I had only talked very briefly to them at their driveway one day, so hardly knew them.

But when I went to their door and explained the help needed, the man was very willing to help.  He easily got Jim up off the floor.

This young couple, Gary and Allison, invited me to come to their house for banana pudding yesterday evening with them and their two young boys (3 and 6 years old). They had also invited Jim to come, but when Gary called him, Jim had explained that he doesn't even go downstairs at his house.

As I walked to their house I prayed asking God to help me speak as HE wanted me to.

Mostly the conversation was about such things as jobs, the open space behind our houses, and watching the boys play (the boys have lots of energy!).

Gary works for the Mountain West Athletic Conference... and Allison works part-time mostly from home doing accounting work for a ministry.

At one point they asked me how Jim manages with such things as getting groceries. I told how Jim has groceries delivered and also a cleaning woman comes to clean his house.

Allison said they felt badly that they have lived there for 2 years but hadn't known much about Jim and that he might need help.

I told them how Jim's wife, who died several years ago, was very outgoing, being one of the first to welcome me to the neighborhood. But Jim is not that way. I didn't know him very well for many years.

I went on to tell them how I came to know Jim when he fell and broke his hip about 5 years ago and how I was led to find him ...

First I had the thought to go check to see if his garbage can was still at the end of his driveway. It was, although Jim always put the can in his garage as soon as it was emptied by the garbage truck early in the morning. Then I saw that he hadn't gotten his newspapers, which was also very unusual.

I thought I would wait a little before doing anything, but was given a thought to not wait. So I went to Jim's house and found he had been lying on the floor with a broken hip, unable to get up or to the telephone for about 20 hours.

Allison said how good it was that I had those thoughts. I told her the Holy Spirit brought those thoughts to my mind. She nodded her head up and down as in agreement.

I was glad to have had the opportunity to tell this story to them.


*****

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

During the years I was on radio, I travelled into the various cities and had meetings for the radio audiences.

Children often came to my meetings.  I remember seeing them on the front row.  They never made any disturbance though meetings were sometimes long.  I was amazed they could sit there so attentively.  These were elementary aged children.

Only once was there a problem.  A baby began crying.  When the mother didn't attend to Baby and several minutes passed with Baby crying, I said to mother, "Is the baby sick?  If so bring Baby to me and I will pray over Baby."  

Mother said Baby was not sick.

I said, "Well then remove Baby and feed Baby or change diaper."

The mother became furious and stormed out of the large meeting room, yelling back at me.

The congregation, as I recall, applauded.

I went on with meeting feeling completely composed.

You cannot permit disruption in the gathering of the church.


*****


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

You can forgive the person and God will still remind you as HE wills when you need to use the example to instruct another person, as the aunt needed this instruction in the story told by Juliett.

Sometimes knowing the way they were helps to live with what they are like now.

My mother never liked to leave the house when she was young girl.  She didn't want to go to socials with the other young people.  She didn't want to go to dances.  She liked to clean house and stay home and read books.

My grandfather controlled his other two daughters, when they wanted to go to socials and dances by saying, "If you can get Mildred to go with you, you can go."  My mother never would go so they had to stay home.

Another strange story I think interesting about my mother ... When she and my dad married, she wouldn't get out of the car to go into the home of the Justice of Peace.  The JP and required witnesses had to come out to car and JP performed "ceremony" while standing outside car.


*****

Yet no matter what, God is the answer for our lives.  Things happen to each of us.  God recreates us.  That doesn't make the previous circumstance of life different.  It makes us different!

After I was born again, my mother said to me:  "I want to have a faith like you have."

I lived in another city at that time, and I had returned to visit her.

I opened the kitchen cabinet and saw 4-Zodiac mugs.  I had given these to her before I was born again.  My mother followed horoscopes.  when I was a child my mother read my horoscope to me daily.

Now I am born again.

When I saw those mugs, I got a garbage bag and began loading the mugs into the bag.

My mother realized what I was about to do and she became very agitated, saying:  "No ... what are you doing ... I want to keep those ... you gave those to me."

I didn't say a word.  I just kept putting the mugs into the garbage bag.

I took the mugs to the alley to the garbage dumpster.  I broke the mugs and threw them into the dumpster and returned to the trailer house.

I still didn't say a word.

I found my Bible and began reading aloud the following scripture to my mother.

Deuteronomy 18:9-14

When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.

There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,

Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God.

For these nations, which thou shalt possess, hearkened unto observers of times, and unto diviners: but as for thee, the LORD thy God hath not suffered thee so to do.


*****

My mother grew very silent after hearing those scriptures. 

Then she said, "Well, I guess we'd better not do that anymore."

I believe she was born again at that moment.

Later my uncle wrote me.  He said:  Your mother has changed.  She is different.  She is very different!  She has really changed!

Change is a part of being born again.

It is the only real healing.

*****


We encourage you to share with the body of Christ times God has helped you.

Send to:  

joanboney37@gmail.com

Or to:

Jesus Ministries
9201 Genoa Ave.
Lubbock, TX 79424
USA



*****