Sunday, March 18, 2018

Reports: Asking God for Wisdom #13


Juliett Walton ... Member of body of Christ

I got an answer to prayer yesterday. I had ordered a copy of the new book, Preparing Yourself For The Return Of Jesus, for a woman.

I called her before the delivery date of Sunday to let her know the book was to be delivered this past Sunday

It was Thursday and I had not heard from her and wondered if she had received this book. 

I ask God what I should do? Should I call her or wait?

I did not hear anything, so I waited.

( JB  ... When you pray, asking God what to do, and you hear nothing, I think it usually means "do nothing.")

Later yesterday, Thursday, she called to let me know that she had received this book.

She mentioned that she had not had time to read it, but told me that she glanced through it and saw that it had plenty of scripture and was looking forward to reading it, making note of the scriptures. I thank God for His answer to prayer.


Comments by Joan Boney:  When I read Juliett's report, I went back through each of the 6 chapters of this book to see how much scripture is in each chapter.   I laughed.  I hardly write anything at all in any chapter.  It is almost all scripture!


*****


Pam Padgett ... Member of body of Christ


Some time during the night last night I was awakened by a very severe headache. Although sometimes I have quite painful headaches, its very seldom that I'm awakened from sleep by the pain. I got out of bed and took an Excedrin Migraine tablet and was able to go back to sleep.

This morning shortly after I got up I noticed a little headache and it was getting worse. Remembering the severe headache in the night, this scared me and I immediately reached for the Excedrin Migraine tablets again.

But then a thought came reminding me of some allergy symptoms I've had recently.
I stopped and turned to God asking what I should do about this headache. Could it be that I was being led to take allergy medicine instead of something strong and specifically made for migraine's?


The thought of this was frightening to me, so I asked God to please confirm His will.

As I prayed, my attention kept being drawn to the allergy symptoms.   I believed I was being led to take an allergy pill, and did this.

About an hour later I was reading the blog when I realized that the headache was completely gone!

There was no headache nor allergy symptoms until late in the afternoon, when a little headache started again. While considering what to do about this and talking with God about it, I was reminded of the allergy pills so took another one of those. The headache was gone within 30 minutes. 


I'm so glad that God knows what we need.  (And communicates with us!)




******


Barbara Preston ... Member of body of Christ

Yesterday my husband was out for a few hours taking care of some business he had.

He came home in the early part of the afternoon and I assumed he would want something for lunch so I started looking around in the refrigerator and pantry for something to fix him to eat.

But nothing stood out to me so I asked God what I should give Ed for lunch.


Immediately the thought came to ask him if he had eaten lunch while he was out.

When I did this he said that he had eaten lunch already. So that ended my search for something to feed him.

Sometimes I want to laugh when I look back at how I approach even the simplest things in the wrong way, then remember to stop and ask God what I should do and it is resolved in seconds.



*****

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

It has helped me so much to hear these reports concerning members of the body of Christ asking God for wisdom in various subjects.

A few weeks before we started these reports on the blog, I was praying.  I told God how I really wanted to get back to asking HIM for wisdom as I did when I was first born again.

Lately that has begun to happen.

I believe reading these reports has helped me.

This week, I was typing on my laptop which sits on a typing board on my lap.  My cordless mouse sits there also.

I started to move the laptop and I heard something fall.  It was the mouse.

I looked on floor and all around and couldn't find it.

I then recalled to pray for wisdom.

James 1:5    If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

I looked again on the floor after praying, and there it was.


*****

Pam Padgett ... Member of body of Christ

A week or two ago Joan asked me to go to Amazon and look for a short hose and 2 nozzles she could use to hose off her front and back porches. While we talked on the telephone I saw that they had a short hose and adjustable nozzle that looked like what Joan described. I thought I was ready to place the order but needed to go to my laptop to do so using Joan's account.

As my laptop was starting I was reminded to pray, asking God to help me order what would be best for Joan.

When I saw the page for the hose I had seen on my kindle I noticed something that made me question whether this would work for what Joan needed.

I looked to see if there might be other options.

I then found a hose that looked nice and was described as being very light in weight. It sounded great to me ... until my attention was drawn to some of the reviews. In most reviews, even when people highly-rated the hose, it was mentioned that mold grows on the hose. Some reviewers posted pictures of the mold and it looked awful. I knew this would be a problem for me if this was mine, and thought it would be for Joan as well.

I went on to look at another hose. This one looked nice, and the reviews didn't point out any consistent problems. The description didn't say anything about it being light-weight, which is what appealed to me about the previous hose, and also it was a foot longer than Joan thought she needed. But after praying I felt this hose would work well. This is the hose I ordered.

The first metal nozzle I found was rather sleek-looking. I don't remember why I didn't order that style but, instead, I ordered one like I have had for many years. It is not sleek, but it is very well made.

Joan received the box containing the hose and nozzles a few days ago and said the box was so light-weight that she didn't think the hose could possibly be in the box ... but it was.

This morning she called to tell me she had used the new hose and nozzle for the first time and that it worked great. One of the things she mentioned was how light-weight the hose is. She also mentioned how durable the nozzle seems. The hose is long enough, and the spray on the nozzle strong enough, to let her spray the entire back porch area.

It wasn't until after Joan and I talked that I remembered having prayed about this order and how I was led as I looked at various options on Amazon.

And each time I think of Joan mentioning that the hose is light-weight I laugh, remembering how I was so drawn to the hose that was described as light in weight, but which so many reviewers reported soon had mold growing on it. I'm so glad God drew my attention to this problem.


*****



Juilett Walton ... Member of the body of Christ

With the change of my healthcare provider on March 1, I was not aware that they had their own company that delivers doctor approved prescriptions by mail.

There was a slight mix up at the beginning but my medication refill requested by doctor and approved at the new company was done. I got a phone call from the new company telling me that my order was being sent. I forgot the day it was scheduled to arrive. At that time I had enough medication for about 7 days.


Friday, I took the last pill. I talked to God about this. I was reminded that I had missed other days of not taking this pill because I forgot, even though I had set it on top of my medicine box indicating it needed to be taken. There was concern but no panic.

I waited till after 5:00 pm to check the mail. My mailbox is on a post at the sidewalk area instead of at my front door. I did not want to walk back and forth to the sidewalk area during the day checking for mail. When I went to the box after 5:00 pm, my medication was there.


I thank God for His care and provision. Talking to God about concerns or just carrying on a conversation with Him about anything helps me.

*****

We encourage you to share with the body of Christ times God has helped you.

Send to:  

joanboney37@gmail.com

Or to:

Jesus Ministries
9201 Genoa Ave.
Lubbock, TX 79424
USA



*****