Saturday, March 17, 2018

Letter to Betsy Concerning "The Lord's Supper".


From Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet 


Betsy:

I told you last night about my problem when I attended Church of Christ with my favorite aunt and how I didn't know how to examine myself to see if I was worthy to take Lord's supper … which they were presenting as crackers and grape juice … at Church of Christ.


Here is the part of the Bible which tells us to examine our self.


*****


I Corinthians 11

27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 

(Unworthy means to read Bible and fail to do what Bible says to do. Or to hear Word of God and fail to do Word of God in an appropriate way in your own life.) 


28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

(means we examine ourselves by Bible as we read Bible. If our life differs from what Bible says, we pray, asking God to create us in image of Bible and we make changes as directed by scriptures.)


29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. 

30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep (die).

31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. 

(We judge ourselves by what the Bible says.)


The Lord's Supper has nothing at all to do with crackers/grape juice. The Lord's supper has to do with partaking of Bible correctly … eating and drinking word of God, doing what scriptures tell us to do.


*****


At Church of Christ, I was so frightened when I saw them bringing the crackers/grape juice down the aisle and pass it down the row to us to partake of it.

I had no idea how I was to examine myself.  I didn't want to “eat and drink” to my damnation.

But the Lord's supper is all about how we read the scriptures … Bible.


*****