Monday, March 26, 2018

I Thessalonians 5


Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.


*****

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In 2010, I fell over a box and broke hip.  During surgery a bone in my left leg shattered from hip to knee.  A metal rod had to be inserted in leg.  As a result some cells in left foot died.  All this causes a pain, especially when I go to bed, making it difficult to sleep.

Rather than take pain medicine, I decided to take Ambiem to help me sleep through the pain.  Doctors at that time agreed, so for next 7 years I took one Ambiem pill nightly.

In 2018, doctor did not refill my prescription so I thought it might be time for me to stop taking Ambiem.  

For 2 weeks, I did stop.  But result was I was so tired.

I decided to go to another doctor and discuss this matter.

That doctor said I should continue to take Ambiem and gave me prescription.

I believe I proved to my satisfaction that I should take the sleep aid to help overcome the pain that would come in the night.

We prove all things by facts and through prayer... going forward in that which we believe to be good.


*****

In 1975, when I was born again, I saw the following scripture ... a promise from God.

Isaiah 54:17    No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of Me, saith the LORD.

At that time, I was involved in a legal matter at my business.  A lawyer was representing me.  But the legal fees were eating up all the profit from my business.

I felt God showed me to get out of debt and to stay out of debt, which I had done.

But if I continued with the lawyer and the legal fees, I knew before long I would be back in debt.

When I saw this scripture which said no weapon formed against me would prosper, I decided to release my lawyer and go to court without any human legal counsel.

If this scripture was for us today as the church, no weapon against me would prosper.

I felt it would prove to me if the Bible is for us today or if the Bible was just an history book.

I did release the lawyer ... Six days before we were scheduled in court, the man dropped all charges against me and against the other shop owners he was suing.

This weapon did not prosper.  And I continued operating my business debt free as I felt God showed me to do.


*****

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Another scripture which I have proven over and over to my satisfaction is James 1:5 ... 

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

I've never see it fail.  Often I have prayed for God to give me wisdom and without fail God has given me HIS wisdom and each time HIS wisdom has enabled me to overcome the circumstances of this present life.

Psalm 34:19    Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

*****