Saturday, March 24, 2018

About forgiveness...

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

On the cross, Jesus prayed:

Luke 23:34   Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.

Concerning a "brother" (in Christ) who is committing sins of fornication, covetousness, idolatry, railing, drunkenness, or extortion:

I Corinthians 5:11    But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.


*****

In the late 1970's, I was attending a church in Dallas, Texas, where I lived.

A woman came into my business and began talking about the Bible teacher at the church I was attending.

She said he was such a bad influence on her boyfriend, she wished he would leave town.  The she began talking about his "girlfriend."  

He had kept this girlfriend secret.  None of us knew there was a girlfriend.

I went to him and asked him about this "girlfriend."

He sort of danced around the subject.

Finally I asked, "Are you having sex with this girlfriend."

He replied:  "Of course."

I said, "You know the Bible as well as I do.  I can have nothing more to do with you."  I Corinthians 5

I Corinthians 5

It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.

And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.

For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,

In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,  To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.


*****

I visited a small Assembly of God church one Wednesday night.

Jimmy Swaggart had just been caught with a prostitute.

He made a tearful statement on his religious TV show saying, "I have sinned ..."

Pastor at that Assembly of God church said:  "We should pray for brother Swaggart."

I was very shocked that pastor would say that.

I said softly, "He (Swaggart) should be put out of the church."  I Corinthians 5

Though I spoke this softly, the woman sitting in front of me must have heard me for she turned around a glared at me and I felt if she could she would have stoned me.

A couple of years later or so, Swaggart was caught with another prostitute.  This time Swaggart said:  It's flat out none of your business.   Wikipedia: Jimmy Swaggart

This time the Assembly of God church defrocked Swaggart which is what they should have done the first time according to I Corinthians 5.

You can't be wise in your own eyes and in the thinking of people.  You simply follow what the Holy Bible says, doing that.


*****