Friday, March 16, 2018

Reports: Asking God for Wisdom #12



Cathy Varner ... Member of body of Christ

Recently I saw one of our cats jumping down from a windowsill ledge in our living room that he likes to sit on. He was getting a little caught up in the drawstring for the miniblind. He got down ok, no problem, but I could see there was potential danger there for him to get entangled and hung up in these strings. There are two strings and they are knotted together in several places. I prayed for his safety, that that wouldn’t happen.

I can’t remember if I asked if there was anything that could be done, but yesterday as I was standing by this window, I saw that I could put the drawstring up on the top ledge of the lower window. I believe this idea was from God and am thankful to have been shown this simple way to keep the drawstring out of the cat’s way and make it safer for him.


*****


Juliett Walton ... Member of body of Christ

Monday the weather was around 70 with clear blue skies, a nice brake from the rain.. This a was good day for me to work outside in the small flower beds on one side of the house. I took out two small light weight utility buckets, one to put weeds and grass in and one to sit on, I started working at my own pace was aware of the soil, the different types of weeds, the moss on the rose bushes, and patterns and colors of the rocks. I was not in a hurry but just enjoying the comfortable temperature. Much to my surprise the work was done sooner than I thought. This was not a chore but pleasant and if I had not finished that was OK too.

I am amazed at God's creation and thankful for His constant awareness of us and that He is ever present to help.
 

*****


Pam Padgett ... Member of body of Christ

As I was leaving the dog park, I considered going to a store before returning home. It was a pleasant day and I could leave the windows partially opened for the dogs during the few minutes I would be in the store.

But then a thought came reminding me that I didn't have any money with me.  I don't take my purse to the dog park, but had completely forgotten this when thinking of going to the store.

I was thankful to God  for having that brought to my attention, and started home.

It takes 10-15 minutes to drive to my house. Somehow during that time I again forgot that I didn't have any money with me. Instead of turning onto the street for my house, I continued toward the store.

But, again, a thought came reminding me that I didn't have any money with me. I turned and went directly home.

It amazes me that I was stopped ... twice ... from a futile trip to the store.

I'm thankful to God for this and also for this reminder that HE knows the smallest details of our lives and cares for us.


*****

Barbara Preston ... Member of the body of Christ

Reading what Pam wrote about how God knows the smallest details of our lives and cares about us reminded me of an incident a while back where God helped me with something.

I had to go to Charlottesville, to an area of the city I am not familiar with. I can’t remember what it was that I had to do but, on my way home, I must have taken a wrong turn and I realized I was lost. I saw nothing that I recognized.

I became very panicked. And, as I was driving along, I began praying…it was a prayer where I could only cry out to God to help me get home.

In the back of my mind was the thought that I could stop somewhere and tell someone where I needed to be and there would likely be someone who could help me.

But I was too panicked to even do this. I just kept driving slowly, looking around and begging God to help me.

As I was doing this, I looked to the right and saw an intersection which I recognized. I turned toward this intersection and when I got there, I knew where I was and continued home. So relieved and thankful that God helped me.


Comments by Joan Boney ...

I had this exact same thing happen last Sunday when I went to visit an 86-year-woman in one of our local hospitals.

I got lost in the big parking garage.

I went to 5th floor on the garage elevator, but it was an elevator to the 5th floor of the parking garage and did not connect to the hospital itself.

I had no idea how to get to the hospital rooms.  

All I could think to do was to go back to first floor where my car was parked and try to find someone who could tell me how to get to the hospital rooms.  Since it was Sunday morning, I didn't see any people around when I got on elevator to fifth floor.

As elevator began going down, I was panicked ... I began calling out to God for help.

When elevator got to first floor and opened, a well dressed woman who had a nice briefcase was standing there.  She was waiting to go up to get to the hospital administrative offices.  I told her my problem and she replied, "I will take you to that room."

It was a very big hospital with several hospital building linked together ... We had to walk a long way, probably 1/2 mile or more... We had to go through many corridors.

I was walking with a cane.  I asked her if there was anyone who could take me back to my car in a wheelchair.

She replied:  "Absolutely."

She identified herself as a hospital administrator and told me her name.

When we reached Betty's room, she went to nurses station and brought a young man back to Betty's room and told me when I finished he would take me to my car in wheelchair.

Later as we went to my car, I told him I didn't think I could ever have found the parking garage nor could I have walked that much.

I marveled at how God had that woman at the elevator exactly when I needed her and how she was so willing to help me.


*****

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Yesterday I was speaking by phone with a woman from our little church group.

This woman has history of worrying and fretting about things that "might" happen in future.

As we spoke, she started fretting over something that "might" happen.

I said, "Why pray when you can worry?"

She started laughing.


*****


Cathy Varner ... Member of Body of Christ

Reading of Barbara being in an area of the city she wasn’t familiar with made me think of a time years ago when God helped me find my way.

We used to live in a city that is probably close to an hour’s drive from where we live now.  I had to go there to get a copy of my son’s birth certificate.

I was expecting my husband to go with me, but he said he wouldn’t be able to.

I was hating to go alone, but since I had to, I prayed for help. I don’t remember exactly what I prayed but God so wonderfully took care of any of the concerns I had.

One thing was that I never felt alone on the whole trip. 

I was talking to God constantly and it was as if there was someone right there with me in the vehicle. The weather was nice, it was a drive in the country, and I would point out something I saw and liked..."Oh, isn’t that beautiful?"

I had a street address for the place I needed to go to but because it had been so long since we lived there, I didn’t remember exactly where this was. I thought I had a map of the area in the vehicle, but turned out that I didn’t.

Amazing to me that I got right to the place without even taking a wrong turn.

I believe God was helping and directing me.

*****

Pam Padgett ... Member of body of Christ

When Joan and I spoke on the phone early yesterday afternoon I asked if Betsy still planned to come have dinner with her. Joan said she didn't think so.

A little later I sent a couple of emails to Joan letting her know I had finished a couple of little tasks she had asked me to do. There was no need for Joan to respond to these, but she often does.

Then that evening a thought came that perhaps I should check on Joan to see if she was OK since I hadn't heard from her by email or phone since that phone call several hours earlier. 


Fortunately, I prayed about the thought telling me to check on Joan.  

When I prayed I was given a thought by the Holy Spirit telling me that Betsy had gone to Joan's for dinner after all.

After hearing this, I went on with my evening in peace.

Later in the evening Joan called, and this is exactly what had happened. Betsy had gone to Joan's house for dinner and they had watched a movie afterwards.

I was so thankful to have been shown by God that there was no problem.  


Thoughts come that would trouble us needlessly, over nothing real.

But the Holy Spirit leads us into all truth.

John 16:13    Howbeit when HE, the Spirit of truth, is come, HE will guide you into all truth: for HE shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever HE shall hear (from God), that shall HE speak: and HE will shew you things to come.


*****


We encourage you to share with the body of Christ times God has helped you.

Send to:  

joanboney37@gmail.com

Or to:

Jesus Ministries
9201 Genoa Ave.
Lubbock, TX 79424
USA



*****