Saturday, March 31, 2018

I wanted to complain but Philippians 4:6 finally won out over me

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Recently I had to bring correction to a woman and she fought me so hard that after it was over all I wanted to do was complain to God.

Finally I was reading something and Philippians 4:6 appeared in the text of that which I was reading:

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

I quickly read past that scripture, wanting to avoid it.  But I sort of peeked.  I was still grumbling to God over that which this woman had done and had said.  I peeked again a little longer this time at Philippians 4:6.  

Then I said to God something like, "I don't want to do this scripture but I will."

I started trying to let my request in the matter be known unto God.

What did I want God to do about this woman?

I really wasn't sure what I wanted God to do.  I didn't know what "my request" was.

Not long ago, Pam Padgett's two dogs got her electric heated throw and chewed one of the electric wires, destroying Pam's favorite throw.  Pam said something like, "I'll think of a way to get even with them."

Immediately I remembered how God said:  "Vengeance is MINE.  I will repay."

I could imagine Pam saying:  "OH, NO, Lord ... don't do anything to my dogs."

So what did I want God to do in the case of this woman.

I had to think about what "my request" was for several minutes.

I'm sure it was modified considerably remembering Pam's real feeling toward her dogs.


*****