Monday, March 19, 2018

II Peter 3:10-14

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Nevertheless we, according to HIS promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of HIM in peace, without spot, and blameless.

*****
Comments by Joan Boney:
God showed me some areas I needed to correct in myself in order to be "in peace ... without spot ... and blameless."
We might think we are ready for the return of Jesus ... but are we?
Hypocrisy / DissimulationPretending one thing where another is actually the case.

I was pretending that I was "for" Texas Tech University in NCAA basketball tournament, when actually I am against them.  

I contacted the Tech fan and repented.  I told her I didn't know why I was against Tech, but I had been and I misled her and I was hypocritical and repented of my dissimulation.

To be "without spot" it was necessarily to me to do this.


*  To Live "in peace":  I find I cannot partake of such things as CNN headline news on Internet.  Even their headlines (without reading the stories) troubled me needlessly.  I know God will tell me if I need to know something.  My leading to watch headlines was nothing more than fleshly curiosity.

"Blameless":  I am praying for God to show me any area where I need to make changes.


*****

I believe we must be drawing much closer to "the day of the Lord" ... perhaps in our lifetime! 

Hebrews 10:25    exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

I know I am doing much more in form of exhortations, both in blog and in person.

I don't try to make doors open where I can exhort another person.  But when door opens through natural conversation I am quick to go through that door with Bible truth.

Concerning blog, I don't hesitate to share exhortations when God reminds me of such, even when I've shared several exhortations for that publication date.

Also I do not hesitate to repent when I am reminded by Holy Spirit of something I've done contrary to scripture, and share that repentance with the person involved, also sharing scripture showing my wrong doing.

****** 

Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of HIM in peace, without spot, and blameless.


*****