Saturday, March 17, 2018

Correcting myself ... Making adjustments to my life based on scripture.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I live in Lubbock, Texas, where Texas Tech University is located.

The people here are Tech supporters for most part, but I am not.  Yet I act as though I am when I am around them.

This is hypocrisy, dissimulation ... to pretend you feel something when you do not.

I repent ... and purpose to change this pretense for it is wrong to do this.  I realized what an ungodly thing I was doing about two days ago.

James 3:17   But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

Also in Bible,
we have the example where Peter ate with the Gentiles but when Jews visited the city Peter withdrew from the Gentiles and pretended he did not associate with them.  Paul corrected Peter before them all.  Paul called what Peter was doing "dissimulation".

Galations 2:11-14    But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.  For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.

And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.

But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?


*****

Comforming myself to Word of God:


The apostle Paul said:

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.  I Thessalonians 5:21


*  I removed CNN Headline News from my Kindle this week.   I had been going to this Internet listing almost daily.  Most of the time I didn't know who they were talking about in their reports, not knowing these famous people of this world.  Often I was troubled needlessly over their reports of various forms of cruelty, both cruelty to children and cruelty to animals.  Even though I never read the stories in detail, the headlines and imagining what they were doing tormented me.

I judged it "was not good" for me to be reading these, so I stopped doing this.


*  I've been having trouble finding foods that agree with my 80-year-old system.  I prayed, asking God to help me.  Since praying, I found vegetables cooked in my rice cooker works well for me "in moderation" ... If I eat too much ... or eat too fast ... or eat too late at night, I have trouble digesting the food.  But the type of food, rice/vegetables, does work well for me otherwise.


*  The woman who cuts my hair revealed to me she was committing fornication.  She identifies herself as a Christian.  She delighted in telling me about her recent trip with her "boy friend."  There was no shame at all over fornication, just a type of delightful pride.  I wrote her a letter telling her scripture and told her I would not delight with her in her fornication nor would I be a part of this.  I had been going to her for more than 10-years.  I cancelled my regular appointments, and prayed for God to lead me to a new hair dresser.  I never went back to the fornicator. 

The new hairdresser seems relatively stable, having an husband and child.  She revealed to me this week she was doing one thing harmful to her family ... She was sneaking food into the movie theater ... Her daughter (about 8 years old) was very concerned when she found this was illegal.  She thought the movie authorities would put them in jail if they found out ... The mother said her daughter is very conscious of doing the rules.  I just prayed that God, through the daughter, would change the way of the mother.


* Last night I was watching a movie that seemed like it would be fun.  It was an expose on the worst movies ever made. I watched for about 3 minutes but found the narrator was very scornful as he berated the acting and the directing and the writing of the film scripts.  I stopped watching the movie and deleted it.

Psalm 1:1   Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

I Corinthians 11:31    For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

II Peter 3:14   Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of Him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

This should be our main goal as we go forward to the return of Jesus.

I prayed that God would show me that which I should be doing and that which I should not be doing between now and the return of Jesus.


*****