Saturday, March 24, 2018

Reports: Asking God for Wisdom #15



Roseline Ogar ... Member of body of Christ

I read your daily instructions on Jesus Ministries Exhortation and it encourages me how much God cares for even smallest details of our lives. I was hurting so much and felt all alone when my younger sister Patricia died last year on the 5th of March 2017.  I was devastated.

Your messages lifted me up and I started trusting God again and I had to repent from all the grudges I had inside. I no more mourn her but I rejoice knowing she's in a far more better place.


Response from Pam Padgett ... Member of body of Christ 

As I read your email I was reminded that nothing separates us from the love of God, not even death nor life (those things we must deal with in our lives) .

Romans 8:35-39

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through HIM that loved us.

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Through God we overcome and are not defeated.

I'm so glad we have a way to share with each other what God has done in our lives. It strengthens each of us. Thank you for sharing with us.


*****

Pam Padgett ... Member of body of Christ

Late yesterday evening my neighbor, Jim, fell in his bathroom and couldn't get up. He called me and also 911.

I immediately started praying.

A team of firemen and paramedics got to Jim's house shortly after I did. They checked his vital signs, got him up, and helped him into bed.

The amazing thing to me was how much common sense these firemen and paramedics showed. A few examples ...

- There was no pressure for Jim to go to the hospital to be "checked out". (there were no obvious injuries from the fall)

- One of his vital signs (I don't remember which one) was a little low. They watched him closely for a little while and considered his condition and said they felt this reading was not a problem for Jim.

- As Jim walked to the bed he breathed much harder. One of the men turned to me and asked if this was normal for Jim. I said it was. He informed the others of this, and they didn't focus on it.

They really seem to understand that Jim is 86 years old and that what is normal for him is not what would be normal for others. This hasn't been the case with some of the other paramedics who have come to help Jim.

The way the people last night handled everything made it easy for Jim, and for me.

I came home thanking God for all these things, especially for the understanding HE had given these people about the situation.

I went to Jim's house this morning. He was up and dressed, getting around as usual. Just said he is a little sore.


*****

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

86-year-old former director of Bridge Center ... Grandfather former Baptist preacher.

She has just been moved out of hospital and into an assisted living rehab facility ... Officer of Bridge Center went to Betty this past week while she was in hospital to ask her to sign papers resigning from Bridge Center. It was her life. Now it is all gone. And she is in a place which is not her home.

I'm sure she is very depressed.

I asked God if there was any way I could help Betty.

I sent her the following letter:

Betty:

If you are depressed, concerned ... call on God for help.

He is open 24 hours a day ... 7 days a week.

Love, Joan  


*****

Juliett Walton ... Member of Body of Christ 

Yesterday I made myself a cup of tea and started to drink but it got cold before I could finish. I poured it into a small pot with the tea bags still in it and added water to make another cup. I set the temperature on low and went back to my computer area. I was in and out doing different things before it dawned on me that I had left the tea simmering on the stove. I went to back to find the tea bags dried up, all the water gone and the pot burned black at the bottom. 

I prayed asking God to help me to stop doing this because I had been forgetting and misplacing things in the kitchen area. I had put a little note on the inside of my front door near the key lock. It says keys? stove? windows? and is written with a black marker. It helps to get my attention to check these items before leaving the house. 

Today, I needed to go to the store for a printer cartridge. I started to the door and the word "stove" came to mind. I went back to check the stove and found it on. I had forgotten that I had left it on low. I am grateful to God for bringing this to mind so that I could turn stove off before leaving. God never leaves us nor forsakes us. 

(JB ... revised note:  keys, stove, windows, read note)

Notice the note didn't save you.  But God did.


***** 


We encourage you to share with the body of Christ times God has helped you.

Send to:  

joanboney37@gmail.com

Or to:

Jesus Ministries
9201 Genoa Ave.
Lubbock, TX 79424
USA



*****