Sunday, August 3, 2014

Psalm 60:12 ... Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Psalm 60:12 ... Through God we shall do valiantly: for HE it is that shall tread down our enemies.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


Sometimes our enemies are human ... and sometimes our enemies are thoughts that come to our minds.

Regardless, it is through God we do valiantly ... When the Word of God comes to us, we have that solid way of escape.

This morning, I awoke with fears ... "what if I get to where I can't walk?  How will I manage ..." 

Then I realized these are fears of what might happen tomorrow ... (Don't each of us have fears from time to time of tomorrow?) ... today there is no real problem.  I am able to walk as much as I need to walk.  I have food today.  I have raiment today.  The fear is of tomorrow.  But that is also where faith comes in.  I thought of the following scripture.

Psa. 37:25 ... David says ... I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. 


Is God going to forsake us when we are old and if we become helpless?  Is God good?  Do we have to try to provide for ourselves or is God going to provide for us?  Is our faith in ourselves and our own plans and provisions for future?  Or is our faith in God?

Sometimes we just have to stop and reestablish ourselves in the faith considering the following:

- Do I belong to God?
- What does the Bible say concerning God's provisions for me?

As I considered this, I do belong to God.  I have HIS Spirit.  The righteousness of God is hearing the will of God by the Spirit of God and choosing to do what we believe HE wants us to do in the specific issues of this life.

What does the Bible say concerning provisions from God?

Phil. 4:19 ... But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. 

Heb. 13:5 ...  HE hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 6So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper. 

Psa. 23:1 ... The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 

When the children of Israel were led out of Egypt and into the wilderness, did any one lack anything?  It was an impossible situation but was there any lack among these 600,000 men plus women and children?  When there was no water, God caused water to come out of a rock.  Water should not come from a rock, but God caused water to come from a rock.  God rained down food from heaven to feed them.  God created heaven and earth.  Is there anything too hard for HIM?  Is God able to provide for us even if we are old and helpless?

God is able to provide and God is good and not evil.

All we need to do is focus on today and the promises given us by God and keep these promises before us until we really believe them concerning us at this point in time.

Psa. 48:14 ... For this God is our God for ever and ever: HE will be our guide even unto death.  

My own mind has fears and tries to work things out ... but I must not act upon my reasoning.  This would be very dangerous.  The only safe way is to consider what God has told me at this point in time and act on that.

God hasn't told me to do anything ... so I must work to stay still exactly where I am.