Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Psalm 27:14 ... Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Psalm 27:14 ... Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

We who have the Spirit of God are led by the Spirit of God.  We do not lead ourselves by our own minds.  We pray and wait until we are persuaded God has shown us what to do.

There have been times I have wanted to get free from people and from activities.  I have prayed for God to free me.  I want to do it HIS way.  And then I have waiting until HE unravels the situation and frees me.  But often I've had to continue to wait and to keep praying ... sometimes for months ...

be of good courage ... courage:  based upon the understanding that God is faithful and will show me what to do at some point in time ...

courage:  strength in the face of disapproval of man, pain, grief, fear ... courage is what makes someone capable of facing extreme danger and difficulty without retreating ... going forward even when there is a possibility of loss

Courage comes through various scriptures called to our attention by Holy Spirit ... as we keep these scriptures before us with understanding that the gates of hell will not be able to stand against that word revealed to us by God through HIS Spirit ... This gives us the strength needed and as we meditate upon that given us by the Spirit of God we are enabled to do that which God wants done.

It is exactly the same as the example of Joshua ...

Joshua 1 ... There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: 
I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. 

6Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them.  7Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.  

8This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.  

9Have not I commanded thee? 

Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.


The foundation for going forward is this:  "Have not I commanded thee?"  Is it God who has told me to do this thing?  Or is it my own thinking?

If we come to the understanding that God told us to do this, then we have a very good foundation and as we build ourselves up in the scriptures given by the Holy Spirit and understand the faithfulness of God, we are able to do that which we believe God wants us to do.

Constant meditating on the Word given by the Holy Spirit is the key to action.