Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Psalm 50:23 ... Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Psalm 50:23 ... Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney

How do we praise God?

One of the strongest forms of praise is obedience to the Word of God.  We bow down before God each time we do HIS word, giving up our own way.

We must not be lazy.  It is often necessary to look up scripture, proving the doctrine.

I was reading as secular book recently and in that book one of the characters made a statement concerning the queen of Sheba and Solomon. 

Immediately I said, "That's not right."  Then I went to be Bible and reread the section of scripture to establish myself "in the faith", "in the truth" from the Bible.  That which the author of the secular book said was not stated in the Bible.  I believe the Bible showed the truth about the matter.  Truth is very important to me.

We must not be lazy!  It is often necessary to reestablish the truth by searching the scripture.

We do not want doubt to remain in our heart even if we think we know the truth.  We need to be diligent to seek the truth out by returning to Bible and proving again the truth from God.  This settles us.

Some people are "tossed about" by every false doctrine.

Do we believe the Bible is the Word inspired by God?  I believe this.  The Bible is not the opinion of humans.  The Bible is inspired by God.

II Tim. 3 ... All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.  

In that same secular book that I spoke of earlier, the author said something about Shem (the son of Noah).  I went back and read several chapters in Genesis and focused on each verse that spoke of Shem.  Do we care about truth?  I do.  There was nothing to confirm that which the author said.  I think it best not to go beyond scripture, adding to the information given us by God in Bible.   Usually these are vain observations, meaning nothing.  So many Christians speak of wanting to go to the place where the things in Bible happened.  But that which is really important is what God said, not the fleshly things.

A few years ago, a man said something to me about Pharaoh.  He had gotten his idea from the Cecil B. DeMille movie, The Ten Commandments I replied this was not correct.  He said it wasn't important.  Truth, especially about Bible is very important to me.  At the time he said this, we were at my cousin's house.  I didn't know if she had a Bible.  Then I remembered there was a Bible in my car.  I went out to get the Bible.  He kept saying to me it really didn't matter.  To him it didn't matter.  To me it very much mattered.  I found the section of scripture and read it to him and he agreed the movie did not accurately portray the Bible.

Truth matters to me.  We must not be lazy.  And we certainly must not be lazy concerning the Bible for it is truth from God.  We need to reestablish ourselves in the truth when conflicts about the Bible arise.  This is crucial to us.