Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Run the race to win

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I Cor. 9 ... 24Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things.  Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway. 


When an athlete prepares for a sporting event, he goes into training ... a daily routine to prepare himself for the event.  It would be silly to think of him doing otherwise.

And so it is with us who are called of God.  We train daily, diligently.  We have a training routine that we may run and "obtain" ... as Paul said in above scripture.

My daily routine ... First thing in the day, I read blog and consider the various scriptures written and think upon these scriptures applying them to my own life.

Example:  Yesterday the following was reported ... Psa. 37:6 ... 7How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God!

I thought of "the lovingkindness of God" and HE shows this daily, faithfully.   I thought of ways God has helped me.

Then began my daily Bible reading.  I am currently reading I Cor.  I stopped at I Cor. 1:9 ... God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord. 


God is faithful ... I considered the ways God is faithful ...

- yearly we have seedtime and harvest ... Gen. 8 ... 22While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease. 


- daily we are given the sun for light and the night for rest and darkness ... this will continue to the end ...

- God is faithful to refresh the earth and man with rain ... but God promises he will never again destroy the earth by rain ... Gen. 9 ... 11And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.


- God made a way of salvation for me through Jesus Christ payment for me ...

- God gave me the Holy Spirit to guide me into all truth, to teach me, to remind me of that which Jesus said, and to show me things to come  (Jn. 14:26 / Jn. 16:13)

- The Spirit of God dwells in me and is an "earnest" of my salvation.

- He will be our guide even unto death. ... Psa. 48:14  ... As long as I remain on this earth, God will guide me.  What else do I need?

===========

So we see in these examples a type of daily training to prepare me for the race set before me ...

- meditating in the Word of God ...
- reading Bible daily and thinking on things I'm shown as I read ...

And I exhort the church daily ... by the gift of exhortation given me for the purpose of exhorting the church ...

To the end of our lives on this earth, we train in the things of God ...