Saturday, August 9, 2014

Letter to man in our church group

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Concerning your email today where you said:

"Today exhortations is so strong right to the point. A pleasure from God."

============

I heard some things about this which I need to share.

You've been going through a period of "dullness" where you stated you were sort of on hold concerning the work of God.

I believe a type of dullness set in with you.  Then you woke up, so to speak so now the messages are seeming sharper to you ... and stronger.

I suspect the previous messages were just as strong but when we get overwhelmed with other things, it is hard to focus, hard to hear, hard to read.

I believe this is what God showed me.

============

I heard:  "dull of hearing"

Then I began to think of things that can cause us to become dull of hearing.  (I know this happens to me from time to time.)

Sometimes I will begin reading the blog (or Bible) and I will find myself wanting to rush on to "other things".  When that happens I know I am reading incorrectly.  Usually I've got my mind on some secular problem or chore ... or I am thinking of a shopping list ... or I've had trouble with someone and feel a strife which I've not been able to settle. 

Mk  4 ... And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word, 19And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.  

surfeiting ... Lk. 21 ... And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. 35For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

surfeiting ... an excessive amount of something ... having consumed something to excess (too much visiting with people ... too much TV ... even too much food ... )

==============

It is also very dangerous to read the exhortations (or Bible) without applying the instruction to your own life ... sort of glossing over the blog (or Bible)

Sometimes I do this and recognize what I am doing and stop and go back and really look at the specific instruction to see if I need to apply something and make changes ...

=============

And I can't read if I have been talking to someone and am concerned about what that person said and am inwardly "wrestling" with the words that came from that other person.

Before reading Bible or blog, all these problems must be solved with God in prayer and it takes a lot of work for us to work through such ... I know I'm always having to fight through something said by a person who is not really born again or by a person who is off on a strange doctrine or action.

As I understand your life, there is a lot of this.

==============

But each time you are more settled with God, you will have brief encounters with light and it will seem stronger.

Concerning dull of hearing ... here is another scripture that talks about that ...

Heb. 5 ... 11Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing. 12For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. 13For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.  14But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.   

I think each one of us run into these problems.  It is a constant fight to keep our hearts ready to hear.  I really have to work at it.  Today I felt they got a prescription wrong from doctor's office, and I kept thinking about that.  I knew I had to settle it.  I called pharmacy and checked the prescription sent by doctor to be sure they had requested the exact medicine that works for me ... sometimes they fail to get the prescription right.

Had I not checked it immediately, I would have sat to read Bible and found that prescription subject creeping into my mind and blocking out what I was trying to read.

==============



Being in a state of peace when we read is critical ... Otherwise the word of God can get stolen as we read.

peace:
-  quiet, calm, tranquil
-  free from agitation, anxiety, dread
- free from disturbance, turmoil
- free from disquieting, oppressive thoughts
- freedom from strife or disorder
- untroubled

I like to read Blog and Bible when I have nothing else on my mind and am at a complete state of rest & peace ...

Otherwise, I find I really can't hear Bible or Blog properly.

I suspect today when you read you were at a position of being ready to hear.  so it seemed very strong to you.

I think all the exhortations in blog are strong because I believe each exhortation is authored by the Spirit of God and turns us to thinking on way of God ... but sometimes we have become dull and in a state of simi-sleep because of problems, concerns, other things so we really can't hear properly.

I remember Jesus saying several times, "take care how you hear" ... and also HE would say something and then say "to them who can hear".

We have to work to be in a position to hear what the Bible or the blog messages are saying.

Love, Joan