Friday, August 8, 2014

When there is a need

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Recently a very strange thing happened.  I received an email from a woman named Becky who is from the Bridge Center.  She said she was in Turkey and someone stole her purse with her money and passport.  She had gotten a temporary passport and had a plane ticket to fly back to USA that evening but the problem was they would not allow her to leave Turkey until she paid her hotel bill which was approximately $2700.  She was asking me to send money quickly to help her get out of Turkey.

I replied immediately asking where to send the money.

Certainly I was going to do this.  It didn't matter to me that this woman was only a distant acquaintance.  I simply knew her at the bridge table back when I played bridge.

It turns out this was a scam.  Becky was not in Turkey and had not been in Turkey. Someone hacked into her computer and took her address book and sent this to everyone in her address book. (I'm surprised I was in her address book for I didn't know her very well.)

Though I asked for address to send money, they never responded.  But I did keep receiving the same email daily for several days.  I just sent this to spam.

Becky called me this week, asking me if my computer was damaged as a result of this.  I told her there was no damage.

She was shocked that I was going to send the money.  She said she would never have asked me for money.  She would have asked her children for money.  I replied, that I didn't know anything about her children.  I know one woman at bridge who has adult aged children who are in terrible financial condition and couldn't have helped their mother.  (And I really didn't even know Becky had children.)

Becky continued to express amazement that I was going to send money to her.

I don't go along with the foolishness from these preachers who contact me asking for money to pay for their works.  I would never send money to them.  If God has authored a work of God then I know God makes a way for performance of that work.  If God doesn't make this way, I know they are doing some kind of work dreamed up by their own minds and by the the devil.  And on internet I don't know these people.  They may not even be real people.  But if they are real people and "ministers", I still question their work when they have to beg for money.  So I would never send money to them.

But Becky is a real person.  She expressed a need.  How could I not help?  It never entered my mind not to help when I could help.  But I am born again, born of the Spirit of God.  That makes all the difference.  While Becky was surprised that I would have helped her, I consider it normal for a Christian.