Sunday, August 10, 2014

Cousin saying I'm just like my grandfather

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Once my Church of Christ cousin wrote me and said she had been reading some old letters written by our grandfather who was considered to be religious.  She said I am just like my grandfather.  I was excited to hear this thinking maybe my grandfather was of God.  (My cousin is a member of Church of Christ group but is not born again.)

She enclosed a copy of the letter which she thought identified me being like my grandfather.

I read it immediately with great interest.  In this letter, my grandfather gave detailed instruction concerning the disposal of his body after he died.  He said he wanted to be buried in a wooden coffin and the coffin was to be pulled to graveyard by horse drawn carriage.

I was shocked.  This is nothing godly at all.  I have no idea why my cousin would have thought this was like me.

People often speak of ancestors.  The only thing about ancestors that would interest me would be evidence that those persons had the Spirit of God in them.  That is all that matters.  But mostly it is worthless to focus on ancestors.  I do not do this.  The Word of God is all that endures forever and matters.