Thursday, August 14, 2014

Transform yourself by the renewing of your mind

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Recently I was reading a secular book and the author lashed out against the Holy Spirit in a mocking way.

Of course I hated that and was very sorry that author did what he did.  He writes mystery/suspense books and I very much enjoy his books.

Later I returned to the scriptures and "renewed my mind" by looking directly at the black and white words written in Bible on subject of the Holy Spirit.

Certainly I know these scriptures.  But even as well as I know these concepts, I felt it would be beneficial to renew my mind.

This is what Paul told us to do.

Romans 12:2 ... And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Also this author writes heavily concerning revenge ...

I went back and read Romans 12 ... 19Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. 20Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. 21Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good. 

We want to "avenge" ourselves when they misjudge us ... We want to set them straight, to put them down ... But this is not the way of God but is the way of our own flesh.  (To get this concept of God rooted in me, I need to spend more time thinking of Romans 12:19 and thinking of examples of this in my life.)

Also their wrong judgment shows them to not have the Holy Spirit for if they had the Holy Spirit they would not judge us wrongly.

Peter says to "rejoice" when this happens. (I Peter 4)  Seems strange to think of rejoicing.  Usually I grieve.  But Peter explains that we rejoice because it shows clearly that we have the Spirit of God in us, we are born again.  That certainly is something to rejoice about.