Saturday, August 9, 2014

Misuse of Word of God concerning the Lord's supper

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In the church group that I attended many years ago, we were taught to "examine ourselves" before we partook of the crackers/grape juice which they called the Lord's supper.  They were saying that we were to examine ourselves to see whether or not we should partake of the crackers/grape juice.

They based this instruction upon the following scripture pertaining to the Lord's supper.

I Cor. 11 ... 28But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.


I used to wonder how I was to examine myself.  (They did not teach that.)

But what this scripture really means is to examine yourself as you eat and drink of the Word of God which is the Lord's supper.  Crackers and grape juice are not the Lord's supper as so many church groups teach.  The Lord's supper is the Word of God.  We examine ourselves by the word of God and Paul was saying eat and drink the word of God examining yourself as you eat and drink that way you can make appropriate changes and check the doctrine.  (Crackers/grape juice have nothing at all to do with the Lord's supper it is a doctrine of man set up by what seems right to man void of the Spirit of God.)

II Tim. 3 ... 13But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse (in the church groups), deceiving, and being deceived. 14But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them (the of Whom should be of God and not of man ... what God has taught you.); 15And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 
16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 

Jesus also warned us of deceivers in the church groups ... Mt. 24 ... Jesus says ... Take heed that no man deceive you. 5For many shall come in my name, saying, I (Jesus) am Christ; and shall deceive many. 

They will come saying "Jesus is Lord" and because they say that, many will take in what they say without question and therefore they will be able to deceive many.

There is power in the word of God when correctly used.  Those who are born again have the Holy Spirit and are able by the Spirit of God to rightly divide the word of God.  But men often set up doctrines by their own thinking and by what it seems to say rather than hearing and seeing as the Holy Spirit shows.  There are so many church groups and so few people (and few ministers) who are truly born again of the Spirit of God.  That is the reason so many false doctrines are set up in the many church groups.

Paul warned of this ... Acts. 20 ... And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there: 23Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.  24But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God. 25And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more. 26Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men. 27For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God. 
28Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. 29For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. 30Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. 31Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.


Many perverse things (twisted, incorrect things) are taught in the various church groups.

By the Spirit of God you should examine things that trouble you, asking God to show you HIS truth.  When you have the Spirit of God you have access to truth.

Acts 17 ... 10And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews. 11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. 12Therefore many of them believed;