Monday, August 4, 2014

How do we know when we or others are approved by God?

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

We know when we or others are approved by God for then we rightly divide the word of God.

II Tim. 2:15 ... Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Many study Bible but many fail to rightly divide the word of truth.  They set up all manner of doctrines by their own fleshly minds as they study.  They speak things that grieve us and grieve the Spirit of God in us.

But when you see someone who rightly divides the word of God, that man (or woman) is approved by God and that is the sign of God's approval.

We who rightly study do not study by our fleshly minds.  We study by the Spirit of God that is in us, following that Spirit of God from scripture to scripture, being taught by God through HIS Spirit as we read Bible.

Some people study Bible like they would study a secular event ... that will not work.

For example:  If you were studying what happened to the Titanic, you might look at different accounts, different authors and you might come up with what you believe and you might share that with others.  That would be studying by the flesh, by the mind.

We who belong to God, having His spirit, are taught spiritual things by God.  The Holy Spirit teaches us all things and reminds us of that which Jesus says and guides us into all truth as we read.  We read Bible and we are reminded of another scripture and we go to that scripture, rightly comparing scripture with scripture.

There are some questions which are not answered for us and we just tell God we don't understand but we don't push with our minds.  We just leave it unless God chooses by His Spirit to remind us of something.  If you try to understand with your mind, you might come up with a false doctrine.

I Cor. 2 ... Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.


I've had times when I didn't know what something in Bible meant.  I would tell God I didn't understand that.  Sometimes God would choose not to explain it.  So I just went on to something else, continuing to read Bible.  And I've had times, months or even years later, my eyes were opened by God and I was given that understanding on that thing I didn't understand and then I shared that which God showed me.  There are still many things in Bible I don't understand and have not yet been shown.  I don't try to share unless I'm persuaded God has shown me.

I Cor. 13:9 ... For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.