Sunday, November 11, 2012

Strengthened by God

Pam Padgett ... teacher

Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

While thinking about how God is my strength, I thought of we are strengthened when we turn to God with concerns, pouring out our hearts to Him, and trusting Him to provide exactly what is needed in each situation. We may feel completely helpless or weighed down before we turn to Him, but God is able to reach us, steady us, guide us, and enable us to do what, if anything, is needed.  

We turn to God in our weakness, and He helps us with His strength. 

I was reminded that Paul was told by God that His strength is made perfect in weakness.  Because of the grace and power of God, Paul said that when he was weak, he was strong  ...

2 Corinthians 2:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. 8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. 9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.