Friday, November 23, 2012

Revelations from God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

The apostle Paul said concerning the church, How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying. I Cor. 14:26

Here are some examples of "revelations".

Mt. 16 ... When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? 14And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist:  some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. 15He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? 16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. 17And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. 18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 

One day I was reading this scripture and all of a sudden I saw what the "rock" is ... The "rock" that the gates of hell cannot stand against is that word that is revealed to us by God concerning the specific issue at hand.


Jesus explains ... flesh and blood has not revealed to Peter the truth he spoke.  God revealed the truth on the matter at hand to Peter.  And that truth revealed by God is the rock upon which the church is built.  And the gates of hell cannot prevail against that truth that is revealed by God.

And so it is with each of us.  We have a problem or fear and we turn to God in prayer.  When God shows us something about the issue at hand, our faith is built on that which God has spoken to us by His Spirit.  This is the "rock" upon which the church is built.  The gates of hell will not prevail against that specific word spoken by God.

..............

Another revealed word from God ... 

Mt. 14 ... And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.


This looks like Jesus is saying men will come saying they are Christ.  One day, my eyes were opened.  Jesus is saying in the last days men will come saying HE, Jesus is Christ ... "Jesus is Lord" ... and because they say Jesus is Lord they will be in a position to deceive many.

The church would not listen to a man saying he is Christ.  But they will often listen to a man who says "Jesus is Lord."

I met a young man recently who identified himself as a Christian.  But as I spoke with him, I saw he couldn't understand what I was saying.  Though this young man came saying, "Jesus is Lord", I knew he didn't belong to God because he couldn't recognize what I was sharing with him.

Several years ago, God gave me a dream:  In this dream there was a war going on.  The problem was it was difficult to tell which were in our army since we were all dressed alike.  So we were given a password.  When we spoke that password, those in our army recognized us and we recognized them when they spoke.

When we speak the "password", which is the revelation God has given us, and they fail to understand then we know that person is not of God though he comes saying he is a Christian.

Jesus said, Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.  45And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. Jn. 8