Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Trusting in God / Making God your strength

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Yesterday Pam wrote about trusting in God rather than man and the benefits when we go this way ...

Jeremiah 17 ... Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. 6For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited. 7Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. 8For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

Last Friday, I went to the car and turned the key and it barely started.  I felt it was a battery problem.  During the weekend I just stayed at home because I didn't want to take a chance that I would get somewhere and the car not start.  I prayed, asking God where I should take the car on Monday to get a new battery.  I thought of Wal-mart and I thought of my mechanic.  I needed to get it done immediately and sometimes it takes several days to get appointment with my mechanic.  But Wal-mart might be more difficult for me physically although I felt they would do the job immediately.  I just kept praying.  First thing Monday morning, I called my mechanic and explained the problem and he told me to bring the car in at 1:30 and he would put battery in and check the car.  I did that and I was back at home before 2:00 with car fixed.  I was so thankful.

When I needed to change eye doctors, a woman asked me how I found the new doctor.  The way I found him is I prayed, asking God what to do.  Then I was reminded of the doctor who changes my lenses and I called and asked him to recommend a doctor on this side of town.

When I needed a dentist a few years ago, I prayed asking God to show me how to find a dentist.  I was reminded of a woman and I asked her about dentist and she recommended a dentist and I have been very happy with him.

I think the above are examples of putting our trust in God rather than putting our trust in man.  In each problem, I turned to God rather than man.  And God led me in that which was the best way for me.

When we belong to God, I suspect more times that not we "automatically" trust in God, asking HIM what to do when confronted with problems of this life.

Before I was born again, I don't recall ever asking God what to do.  But this all changed after I was born again.