Saturday, November 24, 2012

Debt: Get out of debt / Stay out of debt

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Get out of debt ... then stay out of debt.

It can be done.

When I was born again in 1975, this is one of the first messages from God to me.

I began immediately to work toward getting out of debt.  It began with small things.  Most of us spend money on things we really do not need.  I just stopped doing this.  I made a very strong effort.

For example:  When I wanted a cup of coffee, I just made it at home.  It cost less than to purchase it.  I did this with everything.  Soon it became a way of life for me.  It starts with it becoming a way of life.  Then I just put everything I could toward paying what I owed at the time.  It wasn't long before I was debt free.  I have remained debt free since that time.

I also learned this after getting out of debt:  I do not buy the item unless I have the money to pay for the item.  And even if I do have the money to pay for the item, I pray for I may not need the item that my flesh is set on fire over.

If we live the way of this world, we suffer with this world.

We cannot be free and be in debt.

Here is the way God shows us to live:

II Tim. 6 ... Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself. 
 

6But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. 9But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. 10For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.  11But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. 12Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.