Monday, November 5, 2012

Being a friend of God

Joseph Meriweather ... member of body of Christ

Recently I was thinking how we can be closer to God by being a friend of God.  Reading in John 15:13-16 says   Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. 14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. 15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. (John 15)

Also in James 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

As being a friend of God we can tell him our feelings and thoughts and are given instructions and His Word.

Friend:  a person one knows well and cherishes; an acquaintance

Job 22:21 Acquaint now thyself with him, and be at peace: thereby good shall come unto thee.