Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Foundation for faith

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

When we have a fear, a concern, a problem, we who are of God turn to God and commit that issue to God and wait for the word God would give us to show the handling of the problem.  This is laying a foundation for faith in that specific issue.

For example:  I am 75.  If I die who will care for my cat.  So I began praying about this asking God to take care of my cat if HE removes me from earth.  Several times I committed this to HIM in prayer.  It was of concern to me.

Several days or weeks passed.  Then Pam wrote a writing where she spoke of the rainbow and what that means.

Gen. 9 ... And God spake unto Noah, and to his sons with him, saying, 9And I, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you; 10And with every living creature that is with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and of every beast of the earth with you; from all that go out of the ark, to every beast of the earth. 11And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.

When I read this, I saw verse 10 ... God made this covenant with every living creature ... so God was making this covenant not just with man but with the animals as well.  And all of a sudden, I knew God would take care of my cat.  This laid the foundation for faith in this issueAnd the foundation was not laid by the flesh of man in hunting a scripture "to stand on".  But the foundation was laid by the Spirit of God who opened my eyes as God willed so I could have HIS foundation in the matter at hand.  Everything must be done by the Spirit of God.  Our flesh profits nothing.

A few days later, the thought came as to what would happen to my cat ... and I returned to the fact that God will care for my cat.  The foundation of faith in this specific issue was already laid.  There was no need to lay another foundation in the matter.

Heb. 6:1 ... Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,  

This speaks of this foundation of faith and how we do not need to lay it over and over.  I believe this is what it means.  When we have a problem and have prayed and God gives us the answer we have the foundation for faith in that specific area so when we have troubling thoughts in that area we can simply rest on the foundation given us by God.