Sunday, November 11, 2012

What is the fear of the LORD?

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.  Psa. 111:10

What is "the fear of the LORD?"

I was born again in 1975.  Immediately I was changed.  And deep inside me was a "fear of God".  I knew that no matter how it seemed, when God told me something that was the only safe way to go in the matter at hand.  It might look as if that way would cause me damage, but inside me I knew what God said was the safe way for me and to go in any other way would be very dangerous.

This is "the fear of the LORD".

Those who love God keep the word given to them by the Spirit of God.  If a man says he loves God but casts aside the specific word of God in the issue at hand to go his own way, this man does not have a love of God inside him nor does he have a fear of the Lord.

The fear of the Lord is the keeping of the Word given by the Spirit of God.  Those who have a fear of God do not permit that Word to be reasoned away.  Instead they cling to that Word, doing that Word, giving up their own way and own preferences in order to do that Word, thereby being recreated in the image of the WORD in the issue at hand.