Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Message from Spirit of God on getting out of debt

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

A few days ago, I was sitting at computer and I began asking God if there was any message HE would like me to write and immediately I was reminded of a message on getting out of debt and staying out of debt.

So I wrote that message.  (Published 11-24-12)

There has been considerable interest in that message.

Getting out of debt begins with the individual who is in debt.  It requires a change in path of life.  And it all starts with the individual who is in debt.

To restructure, God showed me to change way of life.  Begin with spending only that which is really necessary and applying the money toward the debt instead of spending the money needlessly.

For example:  When I go out to eat, I see families buying soft drinks and iced tea with their meals.  This may seem like a small things.  But to spend more than $2.00 on a glass of tea is to me an extravagance and although I am out of debt, I will rarely do this.   But I see masses of people doing this "small thing".

To change your way of life concerning debt, you begin with this type of "small thing" for it is your thinking about spending money that is the problem in the first place.  


--------------------

Here is the message from 11-24-12

Get out of debt ... then stay out of debt.

It can be done.

When I was born again in 1975, this is one of the first messages from God to me.

I began immediately to work toward getting out of debt.  It began with small things.  Most of us spend money on things we really do not need.  I just stopped doing this.  I made a very strong effort.

For example:  When I wanted a cup of coffee, I just made it at home.  It cost less than to purchase it.  I did this with everything.  Soon it became a way of life for me.  It starts with it becoming a way of life.  Then I just put everything I could toward paying what I owed at the time.  It wasn't long before I was debt free.  I have remained debt free since that time.

I also learned this after getting out of debt:  I do not buy the item unless I have the money to pay for the item.  And even if I do have the money to pay for the item, I pray for I may not need the item that my flesh is set on fire over.

If we live the way of this world, we suffer with this world.

We cannot be free and be in debt.

Here is the way God shows us to live:

II Tim. 6 ... Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself. 
 

6But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. 9But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. 10For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.  11But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. 12Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses. 

--------------
Comments by Pam Padgett ... teacher

I've also noticed the way many people live in which they fritter away money, wasting it little by little on unnecessary things.  One example was several years ago one of my sisters told me she always stopped to get a slushy drink at a convenience store when driving to pickup her children from school.  Although this wasn't a big expense (approximately one dollar at the time), it seemed so foolish to do this continually instead of just getting something to drink from home, especially since my sister and her husband had mortgage and car payments.

Another example ... the man I was engaged to marry at one time frequently stopped to buy soft drinks This sounds like a small thing and I didn't say anything to him about this, but it seemed like a constant, unnecessary drain of money when he had a mortgage and payments on at least three vehicles.  Had God not stopped us from marrying, I am sure this difference in our ways of life would have caused a great deal of problems.  (But God stopped the marriage.  When I spoke against this man's son planning to marry a divorced woman, he wanted nothing more to do with me.)

Last year when I told people I worked with that I was retiring, several who are around my age told me how much they wanted to retire and wished they could afford to do so.  When I heard this, I was so grateful for the way God has led me to live most of my adult life ... simply and without debt ... for I don't have financial burdens which most people think to be "normal".  This put me in a position to retire without financial pressures when I believed God led me to do so.  Living simply and without debt wasn't of my own wisdom, but I believe is wisdom from God. 

Debt is a heavy burden, not an easy yoke as Jesus spoke of in the following ...

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.