Saturday, November 3, 2012

To young evangelist

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

This is letter written yesterday to young evangelist ...

I think of the various examples in the Bible of Jesus ... He didn't seem to feel a pressure to reach people but rather just went about from day to day communicating with God by prayer, always knowing the will of the Father, and speaking to those who came across His path that day.
I think devil might use pressure to try to pull ministers off path ... the feeling of needing to reach more and hurrying about to do so or getting into debt to do so are ways devil can pull a minister off.

But Jesus didn't show any signs of doing this.  HE just calmly went about the day and spoke truth.

That is good pattern for each of us who are called to be ministers.
 
Second:  From beginning God showed me to focus on scripture that stands out to me and do that scripture.  Sometimes a single verse will be my guide for months ... and I will try to structure my life by that verse.

A few months ago, this verse stood out to me.  Phil. 2:7 ... but made Himself of no reputation ...
For several months, I evaluated that which I said and did by that verse.  "Is this making myself of reputation among men?"  If so, I stopped it.

For the past 37 years (since being born again) this is what I've been doing ... I will read Bible and when a scripture stands out to me, that is the scripture I focus on.  I know it is Holy Spirit trying to reveal a message to me.  I try to conform what I am doing to that scripture, making appropriate changes.
I drink every drop of blood from that verse before going on in my Bible reading.  This is partaking of the Lord's supper ... eating and drinking the word of God given to us by the Spirit of God.

And when we do that, conforming our actions to that scripture that stands out to us, we have promise of God that everything we do will prosper (turn out well) ... Psalm 1

And that is what I have found in my life.