Saturday, November 10, 2012

Letting our ways be established

Pam Padgett ... teacher

When Mary was engaged to marry Joseph, she was with child by the Holy Ghost.  Joseph was a just man and when he learned that Mary was pregnant, he planned to put her away quietly ...

Matthew 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. 19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to put her away privily.

Before taking action, however, Joseph thought about these things.  While Joseph considered these things, God sent an angel to Joseph in a dream telling him that the baby Mary was carrying was conceived of the Holy Ghost and that Joseph should marry her.  The angel also told Joseph to name the child Jesus, that He would save His people from their sins, and that this was fulfilling the prophecy about a virgin bringing forth a son ...

Matthew 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. 21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. 22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, 23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Joseph obeyed what the angel told him to do ...

Matthew 1:24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: 25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

While reading this account, it stood out to me that Joseph considered his plans to put Mary away and, while he did this, he was given instructions and information from God by an angel which showed him to go a completely different way.  I was reminded of the instruction 

Proverbs 4:26 Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established.

As we consider our plans before God, we allow our ways to be confirmed, or changed if needed, as God wills.  We allow our way to be established (made stable and firm) by God, rather than moving forward in our own thoughts.

Comments by Joan Boney - apostle/prophet

They are putting a new roof on my house soon.  The idea came to me that this might be a good time to put a roof on the very small garden storage building at the South side of the house.  I called the roofer and he was going to come over and give me a price to help me decide.

But I awoke the morning he was to come to give me the price and I realized that I really do not want to do this work although it seems "wise" to do it now because they will be cutting metal soon to replace hail damage and I could probably get the roof put on the storage building at a reduced cost if I did it now. But I would have to do other things if I add the roof to the garden building.  I would have to add electricity to the little building.  The roof might make it hot in that enclosure.  It would surely make it darker.  And I do not use the building.  Let the next owner of the property fix this to suit himself.

I called and cancelled the plans.

I was so happy when I cancelled.  That freed me to read the blog and the Bible as I usually do each morning.  I didn't have to clean up and dress and prepare to meet the man who was coming to give me a price for the storage building work.

I was so happy!

Of course I had prayed about this.  I believe God changed my heart overnight.

Sometimes we need to change our plans.