Sunday, September 10, 2023

πŸ’₯ The Word must be mixed with faith to accomplish in us the good God would do.

 
Hebrews 4:2  For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

James 1

5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

God tells us how to get strong enough to do the scriptures:

Joshua 1

5 There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

6 Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them.

7 Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.

8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

If I want to have the power to do a specific scripture such as James 1:5, meditate day and night in that verse of scripture to enable you to be able to do that scripture.

James 1:5  5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

This tells me that if I need wisdom, to ask God and it shall be given me.

This week, I neeed to purchase eye glasses that are bifocal:

* I needed these glasses to be light weight.  I expect to use them as I work on setting up the blog and the podcasts

* I wanted non-tented glass since I needed to see the print as clearly as possible. 

* I asked God to please help me select the frames quickly.  (There are so many frames to choose from, I need God's help to directly go to the frame that would be best for me.)

* I need a good frame technician who carefully orders the place for the bifocal.

I went to Costco to purchase the glasses.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I prayed for God to give me wisdom and to get what I needed and quickly and to give me the exact help I needed from the technician.

The technician took me to the frames that are the lightest weight and appropriate for bi-focal.

My eye was drawn immediately to one pair of frames.  (though they probably had at least one-hundred pair of frames)

The technician took two pair of frames from the glass cabinet.  (But my attention keep returning to the first frames that I first noticed.)

(When I bought rings for my business, I always prayed for God to show me what to buy.  There were about 1000 rings to choose from.  I noticed God would draw my attention to individual rings and I would choose from those rings.  My interest would be drawn to certain items.  I would separate those items and make my selection from those. So I have had lots of experience depending on God to make these selections and to call my attention to anything that might be a problem.)

I felt the technician was very good.  She carefully placed the reading portion in a spot where it would not be difficult to see the full TV screen without raising my head.

Basically this is the way I approach everything:  Asking God for specific wisdom!  Depending on God.  Trusting God.  Focusing on the part of James 1:5 where that scripture says, When we ask God for wisdom, "It shall be given him."

I've lived this way since I was born again in 1975.  I can't imagine living by my own thinking without God's help the way the people of this world do.  I'm constantly aware that God is helping me.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

It's like God is standing beside me as I make a selection and HE is saying to me:  "This is the way.  Choose this."

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

πŸ’₯  Matthew 11:30  God's yoke is easy, and HIS burden is light.

So if something is overly expensive or very complex, I know I do not have God's way for me.

πŸ’₯  James 3:17  But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

(14-16)  But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

I know what the Bible says about the characteristics of the wisdom that is from above.  I made decisions concerning God's wisdom for me based on these points.

If I feel pushed into anything, I know it's not God's wisdom.

If there is anything tricky or hypocritical, I know it is not God's wisdom.

If I feel there is envy or strife in that which I am about to do, I know I'm going the wrong way.  And when I am confused, I look for envy or strife.

I pray:  Psalm 51:10  Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.  (Often when I pray this, I can even feel God changing me, peace comes upon me and I relax, trusting in God.)


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯