Thursday, September 21, 2023

πŸ’₯ Controlling your life to live in peace when you are old. (I'm 86)

 
The life span in the Bible was around 120 years old during Moses time.

In Genesis 6:3  God said:  And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

We don't often see that today, nor do humans expect to live 120 years but it would not surprise that it could happen.

The life span in USA the last time I checked was approximately 73 for men and 78 for women.  It changes from year to year.

I'm nearly 86 years old.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

At my age, I choose not to look for diseases in my body.  I have a physician's assistant with University of Colorado medical group and they have outlet offices all over the city where I live.  I like the PA very much. She seems to understand my goals.  I am a Christian so I believe in the resurrection and do not have the fear of death that much of this world has.  I'm not trying to live a long life on this earth as most people have for a goal.  What I pray is that I will be able to do exhortations for the church through blog and podcast as long as God leaves me on this earth.

Understanding my goals, my PA does not try to get me to take yearly test to look for diseases.  Neither does she try to get me to take vaccinations for Covid or flu.

She has me come in yearly for a very minor exam mostly of my breathing and to justify herself as my PA and to be able to continue to prescribe Ambium sleeping pill aid which I have taken since approximately 2008.

I don't have to take any other medicine except an occasional aspirin and over the counter allergy pill at certain seasons, and eye drops for glaucoma once daily.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

In USA there is something called:  "The patients bill of rights" which gives us the right to refuse medicines or treatments.  

* I do not choose to take a Field Test, though I have mild glaucoma.  My eye doctor and I have a good understanding.  He only asks me to come in once a year at my age.  I have already had cataract surgery on both eyes and glaucoma stint, whatever that might be. 

* I still have my natural teeth with lots of caps, and a dentist who works with me to try to keep my teeth with tooth cleaning every 3 months and a routine of using wire type tooth picks and mouth wash.  I don't use dental floss since the wire picks do the same thing dental floss does (so my dental people say) and works better for me, easier for me to use.

* I have the PA if I need assistance.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I have doctors who will work with me according to my goals and will allow me to choose my medical treatment preferences according to my age.

It's great!  

It is likely I have had 3 light strokes this year and maybe some diabetes.

I did not choose to go to doctor.

I do know what the Bible says:

Psalm 91

2 I will say of the LORD, HE is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in HIM will I trust.

(If God led me to go to doctor, I can hear from God and would do what HE showed me to do.)

3 Surely HE shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

4 He shall cover thee with HIS feathers, and under HIS wings shalt thou trust: HIS truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

HIS truth:

2 Timothy 4  7 But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.  8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

Medicare required me to have physical therapy when I was in rehabilitation hospitals after I broke left hip twice at two different intervals.  They took me from my hospital room to physical therapy area of the hospital and did a few exercises with me.  But I always believed God would cause me to live or die and HE would show me if I really needed to do anything and above all I believe 2 Timothy 4:8.  My faith is in God and not what I do.  I try to do what I hear from God in all things, especially in living a life of peace in HIM and avoiding strife and certainly avoiding sins.

Psalm 91  (God says)

14 Because HE hath set his love upon ME, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known MY name.

15 He shall call upon ME, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him MY salvation.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

My main prayer:  As long as YOU keep me on this earth, I pray that I will be able to do the work to which I am called by God in exhorting the church in Bible which I do by blog and Podcasts.

A few days ago, I almost lost consciousness.  I cried out to God asking HIM to keep me conscious and help me and not let this happen to me.  (I was sitting on Porta-Potty at the time this happened.)

God did not let me lose consciousness.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

The one thing God has said to me many times during the past few months is this:  "Keep working."  (writing blog and recording podcasts)

I continually restructure my life to live in peace.  If something troubles me I deal with it or with the person.  I take swift actions, not allowing trouble to continue.  I am responsible for the way I live on this earth.

I know what is it to overcome through God.

Revelation 3:5  Jesus says: He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Luke 21  Jesus says:

36 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting (over indulgence), and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. 35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always,
(pray about every problem) that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

2 Peter 3
 
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
 
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
 
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat
 
13 Nevertheless we, according to HIS promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
 
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of HIM in peace, without spot, and blameless.
 

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

When I brush against the world or have any strife with anyone, I usually pray this over myself.

Psalm 51:10  Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

I cannot cleanse my own heart or renew a right spirit within me, but God can, and I depend on HIM to do this and to keep me.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Recently when a day was filled with many different problems, I prayed over these things, and that night as I was brushing my teeth I listened to a recording of Mozart Violin Concerto #1 (3 movements).  It seemed so calming, peaceful, and helpful to me that when it ended I couldn't believe it had ended.  The time seemed so short.  (It was 21 minutes.)  I played it a second time.  Then a third time.  

When a devil troubled king Saul, David played skillfully with the harp and the devil fled from Saul.  (I Samuel 16)


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯