Tuesday, September 19, 2023

πŸ’₯ An interesting and unexpected benefit from listening to classical music.


(Pam Padgett)

Sunday I decided to give my dog, Gus, a bath and haircut.

While waiting for his hair to dry, I usually clip his nails. Although Gus doesn't like to have his nails clipped, he usually tolerates it without much of a fuss. But Sunday, it turned into a struggle to clip even 1 or 2 of his nails.   I just walked away without finishing.

After Gus' hair had dried enough to clip it, I began getting everything together to do this and thought I'd enjoy hearing some music by Mozart. As soon as I turned on the music, Gus lifted up his head and looked toward my Kindle which was playing the music. Then he seemed very calm.

So I decided to try clipping his nails again. He let me clip each nail with no problem! 

There was a very noticeable difference in him as the music played.

An unexpected benefit!

(Gus likes to have his hair cut and just sleeps while I do this. So I got his hair clipped as well as his nails with no problem. He looks ... and smells ... a lot better!)


Gus

 



(Comments by Joan Boney)

I know devils are driven away by some classical music.  

I Samuel 16:23  And it came to pass, when the evil spirit from God was upon Saul, that David took an harp, and played with his hand: so Saul was refreshed, and was well, and the evil spirit departed from him.

Sometimes I will be trying to read the Bible and be bombarded by thoughts that come to my mind.

I can read Bible and usually focus on Bible scripture while playing some classical music, especially Mozart.  I believe devils depart and stop sending thoughts to my mind to stop me and get me to do something else when I am trying to read Bible.

I find some classical music calming.

I find peace from classical music.

Some classical music is so beautiful that I can hardly keep from crying because of the sheer beauty of the music I believe God gave to the mind of that composer.

I have carefully selected such music to play for you on our blog.  And I have tried to put good sound recordings and the great performers of this music who have interpreted the music in a way as closely as possible to his understanding of the composers intention and the standard of the period in which the music was composed.

It is my desire that you benefit in every way from the compositions and performances we share from classical music.

If you care to order this online classical music click here: classical-music-online.net

It costs $20 for 3 years.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯