Monday, September 25, 2023

Podcast: When we go in the way directed by God, signs will follow

 
 
 
 
I felt strongly God wanted us to go through the Old Testament and compare the ways of God in OT with parallels in the New Testament.  So when I was convinced to do this, that it was what God wanted, I began taking us through the examples in the OT presenting them on the Podcasts and talking about NT ways, comparing them with OT.

The Old Testament so often shows us how God views various issues and we see things that greatly please God and also see those things and ways that anger God mightily.

God changes us from within as we consider the Old Testament!  And often we don't even realize we are being changed until something arises to show us how different we are about the issue from past feelings.

When they complained, it greatly displeased God.  And God brought enormous plagues upon the congregation and killed thousands in the plagues.

If we complain, we show lack of faith in God.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Recently the main amplifier that runs my left front speaker on my sound system quit working.  This is like having the motor fall out of your car for the amplifier forces the sound out of the system.

I've been involved with high end sound equipment since 1990. I have God-given special abilities to hear sound.  So I am very affected by sound and various quality of sound.

The amp quit working in late August, 2023.

I noticed a change in me when this happened.  Normally I would have been very upset over this, even depressed!  Certainly inwardly complaining.

But this time, I just sat looking at that amp which was doing nothing at all.

We tried all the things the sound manual said to do to reboot the unit and nothing worked.

The amp would have to be sent to either Austin, Texas, or to New York, to one of three authorized repair shops.

The unit weighs 150 lbs.  

But we have already planned to have two men come to do some work at the house and they will be able to lift the unit and box it for shipping and put it into the garage.  We can send it by truck to the service recommended by the manufacturer.  I'm sure Pam Padgett will make the necessary arrangements for me.

I made a statement to Pam that I was surprised I wasn't upset over this like I have been in past years when sound equipment has gone down.

God then showed me I have been greatly changed by HIM from within as I have read these Old Testament scriptures during the past few months.

Amazing!  I didn't even know God was doing this work inside of me, but HE was.

We see so many examples of the people in the Old Testament complaining and how this greatly displeases God!

(And weren't we changed when we were born again, when God gave us HIS Word?)

The Word of God has great power to change us from within ourselves, causing us to automatically react in a way that pleases God for we know God is in charge and makes a way for us when there seems to be "no way".

In the case of my amp, the way was all laid out in front of me immediately, as soon as the problem arose:  We have a small but excellent Jeff Rolland amp which Pam easily carried to my room and set beside the speaker and hooked it up.  We will go ahead and set up the repair date with the authorized service, even setting approximate date they can expect to receive the unit.  We will arrange for unit to be boxed and then shipped by truck.  Pam even has a Fed Ex retired employee discount for shipping.  And Pam has a working amp just exactly like my amp sitting in the room adjacent to my room so it can be moved into my room for me to use until my amp has been repaired and returned to me, as soon as strong men arrive at our house to do work!

And we can know if something matters to us, God is already on the case!

God says:

Isaiah 45:2  I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron:

These truths grow within us and live within us!

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

When we do the will of God, signs follow:  Jesus says:

Mark 16

15 And HE (Jesus) said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In MY name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, HE was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯