Tuesday, September 5, 2023

πŸ’₯ Tempting God.

 
Pam Padgett, member of the body of Christ

In April, 2023, following the completion of chemotherapy and radiation therapy to treat high-grade bladder cancer, a scope procedure was done by a urologist to see the status of the cancer.  No cancer was found during this exam. 
 
(Please click here for an account of God leading me in treatment for the cancer: Led by God in treatment of cancer.)
 
On September 1, 2023, a follow-up scope procedure was done.  During this procedure, the urologist found some red patches in the bladder, so he took a sample of fluid to have tested. He said this may not indicate a problem at all, but could be the beginning of cancer returning. 
 
If any cancer is found when the fluid is tested, then he'll want to do a biopsy. If no cancer is found in the fluid, he'd like to wait 6 months and do another scope procedure. 
 
He said to expect a call from his office during the week of September 4, 2023, with the results. 

(Update on September 6, 2023: the urologist's office called and said the test found no cancer.)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
In July, 2023, I had prayed about whether to have follow-up tests done, and was reminded of a red area the urologist had noted in April. He said nothing needed to be done at that time, but that he wanted to monitor this. Being reminded of this red area, I felt I was being shown to have the tests. 
 
(Also, I had no peace about cancelling the tests.)  
 
However, there was some spiritual warfare associated with going ahead with the tests. The devil brought thoughts to my mind, such as "If you really believed that God led you in treatment of the bladder cancer last winter, you wouldn't have any further tests." 
 
In response to these thoughts, the Holy Spirit reminded me, again, of the red area found in April, and also of how the devil tempted Jesus to do certain things to prove that HE (Jesus) was the Son of God. I believed the Holy Spirit was clearly showing me that the devil was authoring the thoughts to "prove myself" by not having the tests. (And this would go against what I had already been shown to do by the Holy Spirit ... to have the tests.)

(The devil will try to get us to go in the opposite way of God.)
 
Luke 4:1 And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, 2 Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days HE (Jesus) did eat nothing: and when they were ended, HE afterward hungered.
 
3 And the devil said unto HIM, If thou be the Son of God, command this stone that it be made bread. 
 
4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God. 

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Matthew 4

9 And he (the devil) brought HIM (Jesus) to Jerusalem, and set HIM on a pinnacle of the temple, and said unto HIM, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down from hence: 10 For it is written, He (God) shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee: 11 And in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. 
 
12 And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. 
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
One other thing ... in July after I believed I was being shown to have these tests, I asked God if there was a major problem. 
 
A few days later I woke in the morning with the following going strongly through my mind over and over ... "With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him MY salvation."
 
This is the last verse of Psalm 91 and I believed I was being shown that even if a problem was found, it would not be fatal. 
 
And as I've considered this verse of scripture, it has stood out to me that God will "satisfy" me with long life. I don't believe my life will be consumed with terrible medical procedures. 
 
Psalm 91:14-16 Because he hath set his love upon ME, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known MY name. 15 He shall call upon ME, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.  16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him MY salvation. 

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

(Comments by Joan Boney)

During the high point of the Covid 19 problem, I felt I witnessed people in churches "tempting God".  I heard them boast that God would never allow Covid to strike them.  I heard of some going to church meetings regardless and then getting Covid.

A Baptist woman used to visit my mother and leave her purse in her unlocked car.  She said, "God would never allow anyone to steal "MY" purse."  One day someone stole her purse.

Jesus could have jumped off the pinnacle of the temple and the devil tried to get HIM to do such.  But instead Jesus said to that devil in Matthew 4:7   Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯