Monday, September 18, 2023

πŸ’₯ Doing the Word of God

 
James 1

22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

My cousin was raised in the Church of Christ church groups.  She was taken to church by her mother as a baby and spent her entire life in Church of Christ.  She was a faithful attender of church meetings.  She was a very moral person and when she became an adult and became a secretary she told her prospective boss:  "There's just one thing.  I will not lie for you.  You need to know this if you choose to hire me."  (He did hire her.)

When she was 97 years old, she said to me:  "I do very well during the day but I get so lonely at evenings."  (Her husband had been dead for 10 years.)

I said to her:  "Jeanne.  That's no problem. All you need to do is to begin praying when evening approaches and ask God to help you.  HE will."

I gave her this scripture to do daily:

Philippians 4:6  Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

About 2 weeks later, I talked with my cousin again.  She said to me, "I do well in the day but I get so lonely at evenings."

She was a church member but didn't understand doing the Word of God.

Many church people are like that.

I once attended a church group called "Word of Faith".  Our Bible teacher said concerning me the following.  "We talk about faith but Joan Boney lives faith."

I don't want to know about the Word of God, I want to know the Word of God.  Doing the Word of God causes faith to live in you.  We abide in Jesus by doing the Word of God.  When I read the Bible, I'm always looking for something to do.  We are conformed to the image of Christ, the Word, by doing the Word of God.

The doers of the Word are blessed.

Joshua 1:8  This book of the law (the Bible) shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯