Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Podcast: Aaron's rod buds. God stopped the complaining.

 
 
 
 
Numbers 17

1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and take of every one of them a rod according to the house of their fathers, of all their princes according to the house of their fathers twelve rods: write thou every man's name upon his rod.

3 And thou shalt write Aaron's name upon the rod of Levi: for one rod shall be for the head of the house of their fathers.

4 And thou shalt lay them up in the tabernacle of the congregation before the testimony, where I will meet with you.

5 And it shall come to pass, that the man's rod, whom I shall choose, shall blossom: and I will make to cease from me the murmurings of the children of Israel, whereby they murmur against you.

6 And Moses spake unto the children of Israel, and every one of their princes gave him a rod apiece, for each prince one, according to their fathers' houses, even twelve rods: and the rod of Aaron was among their rods.

7 And Moses laid up the rods before the LORD in the tabernacle of witness.

8 And it came to pass, that on the morrow Moses went into the tabernacle of witness; and, behold, the rod of Aaron for the house of Levi was budded, and brought forth buds, and bloomed blossoms, and yielded almonds.

9 And Moses brought out all the rods from before the LORD unto all the children of Israel: and they looked, and took every man his rod.

10 And the LORD said unto Moses, Bring Aaron's rod again before the testimony, to be kept for a token against the rebels; and thou shalt quite take away their murmurings from me, that they die not.

11 And Moses did so: as the LORD commanded him, so did he.

12 And the children of Israel spake unto Moses, saying, Behold, we die, we perish, we all perish.

13 Whosoever cometh any thing near unto the tabernacle of the LORD shall die: shall we be consumed with dying?

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

God made it known in a visible way that HE had chosen Aaron as HIS minister and no one can choose himself as such.  God chooses.

A woman who was leader of our little neighbor prayer group once said, "If God will show that to Joan Boney, then HE will show me.  God is no respecter of persons."

But God chooses the ministers as HE wills and God gives the gifts of the Holy Spirit as HE wills.

Why does it matter who gives the information so long as each of us get to hear the message?

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

God gives the spiritual gifts to individuals in the church as HE wills.

I Corinthians 12:11  But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as HE will.

Ephesians 4:8  Wherefore HE saith, When HE ascended up on high, HE led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

(That spiritual gift is given so the church can benefit.)

11-12  And HE gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:


God gives that spiritual gift so the church may be edified by the gift and also the minister may be identified as a minister set in the church by God.

I Corinthians 12

27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

28 And God hath set some in the church (to care for the church), first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

One day at church, a woman came to me and said, "I want to do what you're doing."  It rather shocked me and I replied, "You do?"

(I suppose she was referring to being on radio to exhort the church.  She didn't know God put me on radio by an angel of God giving me instructions as I was asleep in the night on January 10, 1980.  The angel, with a trumpet like voice spoke these 3 words into my ear:  "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS"

When I learned KWJS was a radio station, I said to God, "Are YOU showing me to go on radio?  I wouldn't know how to do that."  The Holy Spirit brought this to my mind immediately to instruct me.  "Call the radio station manager."

That same morning, I called KWJS and asked to speak to the radio station manager.  I told him God might be showing me to go on radio.  And I asked, "How would you do that?"

The station manager replied,  "Make an audition tape 29 1/2 minutes long and send it to me and if you fit our programming we will offer you a contract."

After that phone call, I got my cassette tape recorder and my kitchen timer and made a tape exhorting the church and sent it to the station manager.

Within 5 days, I was speaking exhortations to the church at the noon time hour on KWJS.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

We are trained by God for the work of the ministry and led by God and set into the ministries as God wills.

But many today try to be ministers without being trained by God and without being placed in the ministry by God.  It is by their own will.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯