Wednesday, September 13, 2023

πŸ’₯ I have set the LORD always before me: because HE is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. (Psalm 16:8)


When we turn to God in prayer, we put our faith in God.

Last night, I had some form of physical problem.  (I am almost 86.  At my age, I don't expect doctors to keep me alive.  God will keep me on the earth as long as HE wants me to be on the earth.  I have prayed that I would be able to exhort the church as long as I am left here by God.)  There was sudden pain and a little paralysis in my right hand.  I got in bed and put heating pad on my hand.

The following scripture was called to my mind.  

Psalm 48:14  For this God is our God for ever and ever: HE will be our guide even unto death.

I began asking God some questions:  What should I do about this?  If it it time for me to die should I go into assisted living?

I was reminded of some lotion which I put on both feet when I feel numbness and it helps a lot.  So I put this on the top of both hands.

Then I heard a word which I knew was God speaking to me:  "Just keep doing your job."

I fell asleep with the heating pad on my right hand and this morning I was fine, with only a light pain.

I did my normal work.  Checking the blog and podcast that prints tomorrow and reading today's blog and proof reading tomorrow's blog.  This afternoon I have tooth cleaning at 3 pm.

I have no doubt that as long as God leaves me on this earth, HE will lead me day by day showing me what to do that day.

I can't imagine not having this assurance of being led by God!

"The Lord" is "The Word."  By HIS Holy Spirit HE brings things to my mind to show me what to do step by step daily.

I Corinthians 3:16  Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯