Wednesday, September 27, 2023

πŸ’₯ Prove all things. Hold fast that which is good. (I Thess. 5:21)

 
What have I proven that I know is good?

πŸ’₯  Joshua 1:8  

This book of the law (the Bible) shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

It is good to take a scripture and think on it and apply it to my life:  Look up key words in dictionary.  Often God will cause my understanding to expand and show me ways to apply that to my life.  God sometimes corrects me that way.

Recently I was reminded of these scriptures by the Holy Spirit:

Hebrews 10:24   And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

to provoke:  to do things to promote them and encourage them to love and to good works; to stimulate another to such;

* I Corinthians 3:16  Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Think on these scriptures day and night until you do them or live in an appropriate way.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Also as I read Bible, I also noticed certain scripture that I want to keep before me to modify my way and conform my thinking to God's way and to give me strength in God.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

πŸ’₯  I am currently "proving" the benefits of classical music in my life.  What fruits are produced in me?

So far, I'm calmer, more patience.

I have been able to focus better while reading the Bible and playing the music.  I think it might be causing devils who would bring thoughts to my mind to draw me away from reading the Bible to depart.

A few nights ago, I turned off the TV and just listened to the classical music we have presented on our blog.  (I think instead of watching the TV, I proof read some of the future writings on the blog.)

πŸ’₯ I prove certain foods and when I have indigestion after eating those foods, I stop eating them.

πŸ’₯ I am proving the time I take my sleep aid and have settled on the time that seems to work best and give me a full night of sleep.  (I find rest to be very important to me.)

Paul said:  Prove all things.

πŸ’₯ I had a cousin, a church goers, that I just couldn't be around or talk with.  She seemed to want to turn me away from doctrines that I believe God has taught me and she wanted me to stop me from writing and doing the podcasts.  (I had to stop communicating with her.  She was 97 then.  I'm sure she is dead now.  Sometimes their church doctrine is just so opposite we can't talk without trouble.)

πŸ’₯ I work to live in peace without strife and that causes me to make many adjustments in my life, staying in the "right" Spirit.

πŸ’₯ God had shown me not to bring "false gods" before HIM ... and I began to think it was also better for me not to read books where they bring forth false gods before me.

I had bought a kindle version of Pearl Buck's, "The Good Earth."  At the beginning of the book, the young Chinese man had married and the first thing they they did was to go visit his god, which was a block of wood which he, himself, had plastered and had set up.

I really wanted to read this book but I couldn't.

TV shows often show the characters attending a Catholic Church filled with plaster idols or garment dressed priests which NT does not do.  I just can't watch this ... often I fast forward through these church scenes.  Sometimes I have to completely stop seeing the TV series.

Prove all things.  Hold fast that which is good.

We must consider "is what they say" edifying to me.  Or do they just trouble me?


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯