Sunday, September 17, 2023

Podcast: Believe God to sanctify HIM in the sight of all the people.

 
 
 
 
We set our hearts to believe God regardless of what we might think or see.  We make God our God.

After I broke my hip, at the hospital, they made me do "physical therapy".  But I knew what God says in the Bible.

I Timothy 4

7 But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.  8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

During that time I made a conscious effort to set God above the theories of man.  I knew if I recovered it would be God that caused my recovery.  

I believe that is an example of sanctifying God in front of man.

It is a choice we make.  How can I put my faith in man and turn down so great a salvation?

And God greatly rewarded me.

Later one of the physical therapists told me this:  "I used to think I was pretty good as a physical therapists but I've come to see that in time that person recovers without doing anything."

I showed her that scripture:  "bodily exercise profiteth little:"

She said, "That's what I see."

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

In all things, it is God who works it out for us!

Concerning money:

Genesis 14

21 And the king of Sodom said unto Abram, Give me the persons, and take the goods to thyself.

22 And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the LORD, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth,

23 That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:

As a new Christian, when I read this scripture, I said to God:  "That's what I want.  I want my possessions to come from YOU."

Sanctify God in front of the people.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Potipher's wife wanted to have sex with Joseph.  But Joseph said to her:  There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?

Joseph sanctified God in the sight of Potiphar's wife. (Genesis 39)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

In 2023, I sought the help of a woman who had lived in Germany to pronounce the name of a German Orchestra Conductor.

When the subject of opera of Wagner came up in our conversation.  I told her of late I had been interested in knowing about his 4 operas which are called "The Ring."

She excitedly told me these are her favorite operas and she has many books and DVD of this opera and I would be welcome to borrow these.  

She sent me 2 emails to introduce me to these works of Wagner.  When I found these were about a dwarf who stole a ring from a god named Wolten, I sent a note to this woman telling her if a dwarf could steal a ring from my God, then I would be out looking for another God.

Then I told her I would not want to see DVD's of these operas.  I just listen to opera as I listen to other music.  I consider the voices to be instruments that produce music and I hear opera as music, not caring about the meaning of the words.  For if I knew what they were singing about, I would likely hear their sins.  When I hear the pure music, it is abstract and for me no sin.

My God is the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Jesus Christ, God's son ... the God who created the heaven and the earth and has power, and I worship HIM, so I wouldn't want to see these gods of Wagner.

I believe this sanctifies God in the sight of men.

It's not something I try to do.  It's just in my heart this way.

And you are saying, "I'm not doing this. I'm not worshipping your God."

And Job said: "Though YOU slay me, yet will I serve YOU."

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Exodus 20

1 Then came the children of Israel, even the whole congregation, into the desert of Zin in the first month: and the people abode in Kadesh; and Miriam died there, and was buried there.

2 And there was no water for the congregation: and they gathered themselves together against Moses and against Aaron.

3 And the people chode with Moses, and spake, saying, Would God that we had died when our brethren died before the LORD!

4 And why have ye brought up the congregation of the LORD into this wilderness, that we and our cattle should die there?

5 And wherefore have ye made us to come up out of Egypt, to bring us in unto this evil place? it is no place of seed, or of figs, or of vines, or of pomegranates; neither is there any water to drink.

(Those who complained forgot how bad it was in Egypt where Pharaoh commanded all males who were new born be killed because there were too many Israelites.)

6 And Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the assembly unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they fell upon their faces: and the glory of the LORD appeared unto them.

7 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 8 Take the rod, and gather thou the assembly together, thou, and Aaron thy brother, and speak ye unto the rock before their eyes; and it shall give forth his water, and thou shalt bring forth to them water out of the rock: so thou shalt give the congregation and their beasts drink.

9 And Moses took the rod from before the LORD, as HE commanded him.

10 And Moses and Aaron gathered the congregation together before the rock, and he said unto them, Hear now, ye rebels; must we fetch you water out of this rock?

11 And Moses lifted up his hand, and with his rod he smote the rock twice: and the water came out abundantly, and the congregation drank, and their beasts also.

12 And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron, Because ye believed ME not, to sanctify ME in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them.  

By failing to do what God said to do, Moses exalted himself above God in the eyes of the people, and this one time Moses failed to sanctify God in front of the people.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Moses would die before entering the promised land.  Joshua would take his place leading the children of Israel.


 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯