Saturday, August 26, 2023

πŸ’₯ When a man's ways please the LORD, HE maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him. (Proverbs 16:7)

 
Sometimes we get ourselves into ways that will not be good for us and we must follow God out of that which would be harmful to us, doing what God shows us to do.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

One of our neighbor's offered to loan me books and DVD's of Wagner's operas when I expressed an interest in learning more about Wagner's 4 opera's called "The Ring".

(I knew I did not want to see movies of operas which had been translated into English, because often the plots of operas are spiritually offensive to me and I avoid such, listening only to the recording of the music and arias which are in a language I can't understand.)

During the time this happened, I was working on one of the ministry writings and began thinking that I needed to write to this woman and cancel any idea of watching DVD's of the operas.  And I knew I needed to stop this immediately.  So I stopped the work I had been doing and began writing an email to this woman.


E-mail to neighbor:

I have a problem continuing with the actual operas because of all the "gods" in Wagner's works. I probably will hear some of the opera on the classical online presentations, where it is just music in German.

I don't want to see portrayal on DVD, however, as they worship their powerless gods.

My God created the heaven and earth and has great power to help me in every way as needed. HE is the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, the father of Jesus Christ, the Word.

I do thank you for the help provided for it really was help. I knew nothing about that which "The Ring" meant. I did know Wagner dealt with mythical gods and such things as Hitler loved even when it was destruction of his own people. This just isn't for me, except for the abstraction of the Wagner music.

If you ever want to come over, there are many other things to enjoy.

Thank you again.

Joan Boney

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I was surprised, for about a week after this, Pam said this woman had brought us a cutting of sunflowers from her back yard.

Pam had a problem with his woman several years ago over a spiritual matter and this woman refused to speak with Pam for several years after this problem.  I expected the woman to be offended by my letter also.  And I also told her, by separate email, that if my God had a dwarf steal his ring (as in the Wagner opera), and then the next 3 operas were about this powerless god trying to get his ring back from the dwarf, I would be looking for another god!

(I think God showed me this woman is Jewish.)

After she brought the sunflowers, I was reminded of this scripture in Proverbs.

Proverbs 16:7  When a man's ways please the LORD, HE maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.

(Notice how I had to stop working on our blog writing to write immediately to this woman.  Sometimes there is an urgency in settling a matter and I knew this was God showing me to stop what I was doing and settle this issue at once!)

 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯