Thursday, August 17, 2023

πŸ’₯ Kept by speaking the truth of God

 
Pam Padgett, member of the body of Christ
 
In September, 2022, I was diagnosed with high-grade bladder cancer and was told that without treatment I would live only 1 or 2 years.   The recommended treatment was chemo-therapy followed by bladder removal surgery.  I asked God if there was any way I might be spared having my bladder removed, and HE led me to another treatment, chemotherapy with radiation therapy.  

In November, 2022, just a few days after a chemo-therapy treatment, my older sister, who lives in another state, called me on my birthday.  We had not talked in well over a year and she didn't know about my cancer.  But after I said just a few words, she asked what was going on that I sounded so tired?  I told her about the cancer and chemo-therapy.  I also told her about the recommended bladder removal surgery but that God had led me to a treatment plan that did not require my bladder to be removed.

She was diagnosed with breast cancer in December, 2022, and also began going through chemo-therapy.  We spoke a few times, and I shared some of the things I had found helpful during chemo-therapy as well as how God continued to lead me.  I also sent her a link to my testimony of what God has done to help and lead me with the cancer, and that tests done in April, 2023, found no cancer!  (To see this testimony, please click here.)

Then in early June, 2023, we (my sister and I)  spoke on the telephone and the conversation turned to how each of us had had few problems during chemo-therapy other than fatigue.  She began to give a "reason" she thought this was the case, something about our blood type.  
 
My response was that I know nothing about blood types, but that I believe it was the mercy of God toward me that I had not had any problems with chemo-therapy other than fatigue. 

She became pretty defensive and tried to justify what she had said.  It was as though I had offended her by my response which glorified God, not glorifying her reasoning.  Then she immediately terminated the call. 

My sister's birthday is at the end of June and I called her.  She did not answer the telephone, so I left a message saying that I was aware it was her birthday and wanted to call and say "hi" and see how she was doing with her chemo-therapy.   But I also told her she didn't need to return the call unless she wanted to.  I have not heard anything at all from her. 

A few years ago I had a dream about this sister in which she demonstrated that she had understanding of a scripture, 1 Peter 5:8  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:.  Since understanding is from God, I believe she will be saved at some point.  But, at this time, I am being protected from her and her fleshly reasonings as I speak as led by God.  


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯