Sunday, August 6, 2023

πŸ’₯ Faith is evidence.


When we believe the Word that is evidence.

Romans 4:3  For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

James 2:17-18  Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.  18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Acts 27  (The apostle Paul speaking to the men aboard the tempest-tossed ship)

23 For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve,

24 Saying, Fear not, Paul; thou must be brought before Caesar: and, lo, God hath given thee all them that sail with thee.

25 Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even as it was told me.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

As a new Christian, I believed this word which I saw written in the Bible.

Isaiah 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of ME, saith the LORD.

Therefore I acted upon this word in a very serious situation.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Many times as we go through this life, we see or hear a Word that we believe to be from God and we believe that Word.  And because we believe we act according to that Word.  Our faith in that Word is our evidence.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Hebrews 11:1  Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

We know the other person not because of that which he says but rather by that which he does.

My Bible teacher once said concerning me, "We speak of faith but Joan lives faith."

When we act upon a Word, that Word becomes a part of us.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

To me, faith is a way of life.  

We believe the Word is from God, so we do that Word.

When I was a young Christian, I owned a small business in Dallas, Texas.  A woman sued me.  I heard a word that I believed to be from God.  "Don't testify."

A woman who worked for me witnessed the incident in question and she was angry with me for the burden of the trial fell on her because I wouldn't testify.  I said to her, "But I believe God has said to me 'Don't testify' so I can't testify."  (She continued in her anger toward me.)

But if we really believe God gave us a Word, we can't change from it just because others do not believe we have heard from God.

No one on my side believed I'd heard from God.  My lawyer said to me, "If you'd testify, we would win this case."  I replied, "I'll see."  I went into the ladies room at the court house and prayed asking God what HE wanted me to do and I heard, "Don't testify."  I returned to the court room and my lawyer looked at me and I shook my head, "No."

The trial continued.  I was acquitted of all charges.

At one point, things looked so bad that I said to God:  "I hope YOU know what we are doing.  I'm going to lose this case."

God did know what HE was doing.  I won the case! and I obeyed what I heard that I believed to be from God ... "Don't testify."

Romans 10:17  So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

First the WORD comes ... then we believe.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯