Sunday, August 27, 2023

πŸ’₯ Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers, says the apostle Paul.

 
After we are born again and changed by God into a new creature, we find we no longer want to be with those persons we had been with before.  We really have nothing in common with them anymore.

Now we are children of the living God!

2 Corinthians 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

After we are born again, we want to be with the people of God.  We want to learn about God.  We talk about God.  HE is our life now.

Didn't that happen to you?  It certainly did to me.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Barbara Preston, of our little church group, said she was so changed that her daughter asked her step-father if "mother" was all right.  

She wasn't like she had been before.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

My dad said to my mother, "Joan has gone overboard on this religion thing."

My mother said to my dad, "No ... she's all right."

(Amazing for my mother had always fought against me and my dad had been for me and now it reversed.)

In the end, they were both born again.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

A woman of my acquaintance had fought everyone and everything.  She had been so crazy that once she even threw a radio through the glass door of a principal's office at school.

When she was in her 40's, she went to hospital for an operation.

The night before surgery, a nurse came in and said to her, "You won't be the same after this operation.  You will be totally different."  

She replied, "Yes ... I know I will."

"No." said the nurse.   "Those people you once ran around with, you will no longer like."

After the operation, Peggy's friends came to visit.  They were lesbians.  Peggy could no longer stand being around these people.  She was completely different!  Now she wanted to go to church.  She wanted to read the Bible.  She was completely changed.

After she recovered from the operation, she returned to that hospital to talk with that nurse and found there was no such person at that hospital!

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯ 

The apostle Paul says:

2 Corinthians 6

13 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be MY people.

17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean; and I will receive you,

18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be MY sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯