Monday, August 21, 2023

πŸ’₯ The apostle Paul instructs the young evangelist, Timothy.

 
I Timothy 4

7 But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.

8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

When I fell at my house in Texas in 2018, and broke left hip and left wrist,  they ordered "bed rest" for a month, followed by physical therapy.

I believe what Paul told Timothy:  For bodily exercise profiteth little:  

The people at the rehab-hospital were really caught up in physical therapy.

But I knew the truth of the scriptures.  Physical therapy would profit little ...  I knew in time I would get better if God willed or die.

When they dismissed me from rehab-hospital the first time I broke left hip, the physical therapist said to me, "Joan ... the greatest problem we have with people when we dismiss them is they go home and overdo exercise and end up back in the hospital."  Then he looked at me and laughed and said, "But I don't think I need to tell you not to overdo exercise do I?"  I laughed and replied, "No."

I have a firmly centered belief in that which Paul told Timothy in the scriptures:  Bodily exercise profiteth little.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

After moving to Colorado in 2019, I really enjoyed the physical therapist here.  She was from England and we talked a lot about WWII.

At my last session, she said to me:  "I used to think myself to be a pretty good therapist but lately I've come to see that in time people just get better with or without me."

I told her physical therapists can be very valuable in teaching us how to use walkers or canes and especially when stairs are concerned.

I shared what the Bible says about bodily exercise.  I Timothy 4:8  For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

She said that is what she has seen and believes also.

I just never allowed myself to hope in myself or in what therapist did or did not do.

And I have improved just sitting here after a fall!


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯