Saturday, August 12, 2023

πŸ’₯ Don't "grit your teeth and bear it". Deal with it.


It is very important to overcome trouble through God when trouble surfaces.

The world often says, "Grit your teeth and bear it."  But I'm persuaded that is not the way of God for us, especially in the end times.

We just do not live in trouble or concerns.

Example:  We have been having exterminator come to house 4 times a year.  The man who has been doing this work troubles me.  This week when he came here, I almost told Pam to tell him to skip my room.  After he came in here this week, I told Pam, "I don't want him to come into my room again.  He troubles me.  Just tell him to skip my room."

(That "nice guy" could be planning to rob you or do other harm to you.  God warns us by causing us to be concerned.  So after we are concerned and pray, if we are still concerned, just stop it.)

Pam started praying about this and she said she began to question if we even need an exterminator inside the house.  She said she might just get an exterminator to come for outside or even just not schedule exterminator at all.

When I moved here in 2019, my cat discovered mice in my closet.  Pam had very seldom seen mice in the house before that.  She was reminded of something and we believe God showed her the truth about the mice.

The Bible says Holy Spirit will guide you into all truth.  (John 16:13)  I've always thought that was all truth about both spiritual and secular things.

John 16:13  (Jesus says:)  Howbeit when HE, the Spirit of truth, is come, HE will guide you into all truth: for HE shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever HE shall hear, that shall HE speak: and HE will shew you things to come.

Today Pam and I were talking about the mice, and she remembered something:  I was in hospital in Texas and Pam and my contractor began putting my things that I wanted to bring to Colorado in rented storage building in Texas.  One storage unit had been cleaned and was ready and contractor began moving my furniture into that unit but there just wasn't enough room and Tom told Pam he needed to rent a second storage unit.  He said he had seen someone moving out of a unit and he thought it was likely available to rent.  So Pam rented that recently used unit.  We are not sure they exterminated the unit before Tom moved my things into the unit.  We think God has shown us mice were in that unit and ended up hiding in my things and Tom moved them to Colorado and into the house here.

I said, "You think we are killing Texas mice?"  how terrible!  (I have a little affinity for Texas.)

Back to the story of being troubled by the current exterminator.  Pam also knows something is wrong with this man.  The Holy Spirit will show us when something is wrong.  God warns us.  When that happens we should instantly seek God and if God continues to trouble us about a worker, just stop using this worker.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

In 1980, I was on radio in several cities.  A vice-president of Braniff Airlines was a radio "fan".  She gave me 2 round trip tickets to Europe.  I invited a woman from our church group to accompany me.  This woman and her husband had ministered in Europe for 8 months at a time and they were connected with many churches all over Europe.  She was a wonderful operatic soprano and could sing and I would speak to the church groups.

Emogene had so much experience with churches and she said to me:  "Joan ... since we can't speak their language, you need to be very sensitive to the Holy Spirit and if you are troubled by someone, take note of that person."

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Pam and I both have the Holy Spirit inside of us.  We do not let people continue to do work for us if we are troubled by them.  These are "perilous times", as Paul said in 2 Timothy 3.

I also found I was very troubled by one of my cousins who was Church of Christ.  She often tried to get me to stop the work of the ministry seeing what I did as opposite to what her church believed.  I finally just stopped speaking to that cousin.  I think she is likely dead now for she was 97 at the time I last received letters from her.

Titus 3:  10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; 11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

If that person keeps rejecting godly exhortations, just stop exhorting that person after 2 or 3 exhortations and leave him alone.  To continue will only trouble you and wear you out needlessly.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

One of our church members and her husband, who is unbeliever, were going to temporarily move into the condominium of her son.

I asked her how this came about.  She said, "He invited us."  But it concerned me for I didn't hear any word from her about seeking God on the matter.  The twice divorced son is not born again.

I asked her what she would do if the son brought a woman home to spent the night.  (I saw this as a real possibility.  She didn't answer my question.)

After several weeks with this intention, she told her husband she didn't want to do this.

She said to us, "This has always made me uncomfortable. Certainly I have prayed quite a bit over the whole situation. But this particular uncomfortableness has never left me." 

(JB ...This is a strong sign in following God that you should not do this thing that is planned.)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

2 Timothy 3

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

8 ... men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

2 John

8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

These are scriptures for us to live by, especially now.

Some people trouble us and steal our peace.  And some people could even be dangerous to us in body, stealing and doing harm to us ... and some do harm to our soul with false doctrines.

Romans 12:1-2

1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

God warns us.  Heed the warning.

Matthew 24:4-5   And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5 For many shall come in MY name, saying, I (Jesus) am Christ; and shall deceive many.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯