Tuesday, August 8, 2023

πŸ’₯ Pam Padgett heard a word she believed to be from God.


Comments by Pam Padgett:
 
After having worked at FedEx as a computer programmer for 23 years, I was working in an area which I was finding increasingly difficult.  The truth about the status of projects was being very twisted by the management in this area.  
 
Also a man who worked in this group remotely (he lived in another state) had recently let it be known that he was homosexual, and it was hard to overhear the approval he was receiving regarding this.  

For God has told us homosexuals have been turned over by HIM  to "vile affections".

Romans 1:24-28  Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 
28 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
I had prayed about whether I should look for a job in another area at FedEx or elsewhere, but had not heard to do this.  
 
Then one Saturday morning I was sitting at home reading the Bible.  I was reading in the book of Micah when the following very strongly stood out to me and stopped me from reading further:
 
Micah 2:10 Arise ye, and depart; for this is not your rest: because it is polluted, it shall destroy you, even with a sore destruction.
 
As I re-read and considered this verse, I thought this might have to do with my job and asked God to please confirm if this was the case. 
 
The following Monday afternoon, while at work, an intense anger came over me.  There was no reason that I knew of for this anger, yet I had never experienced such an anger.   It was so intense that I was not able to continue working and went home (it was very unusual for me to leave work early).  

At home, I asked God what this anger was and was impressed that it was just a taste of the destruction that would be ahead for me at this job.  I believed this was confirmation for me that I was to leave this job.

Although I was not of retirement age, I did qualify for early retirement, and immediately submitted the paperwork for this.  
 
My early retirement took effect in February, 2012. 

At the end of March, 2012, Joan Boney was given a dream showing her to start a blog.  She called me and asked if I could setup a blog.  I told her I didn't know anything about blogs, but would check into it.  Having already retired, I had plenty of time to research and setup a blog for us.  
 
A few years later (2015), Joan began writing ministry books to be self-published on Amazon.  Again, I had plenty of time to learn how to format and submit the manuscripts for publication.  
 
Then in 2020 we were led to start podcasts, and I had plenty of time to look into what equipment was needed, podcast hosts, and the procedure to setup podcasts.  

The timing of my early retirement was perfect!

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Something else happened which was interesting in terms of timing of my retirement.  

A few months after I retired, FedEx offered early retirement incentive packages for the division where I had worked.  Had I still been working there at the time, I would have qualified for a large amount of money being given to those who accepted the early retirement incentive package and its conditions.  To some it probably looked like I had retired too early since I missed this opportunity for such a large amount of money.  However, in return for the money in the early retirement package, FedEx would control when a person could take their retirement, up to 2 years later!
 
I was very glad to have been spared the temptation to take this early retirement package money and agree to let FedEx control when I could leave. It was so much better to leave the job when God showed me to do so, for God knows the future and what is best for me, and HE has the way ahead worked out for me. (And God has provided for me and has seen that I have plenty of money with extra money.)

I Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
 

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯