Thursday, August 10, 2023

πŸ’₯ Calling on God for help.

 
We had several days in summer of 2023, where abnormal thunderstorms struck the area where we live in Colorado, USA.

I've been in many thunderstorms but never before experienced the lightning striking so close to my house or having such shockingly loud sounds as accompanied these strikes.

I called on God, saying:  "It's us who are down here in this house."  (We didn't have any visible blood on the doorposts of the house, though we are covered by the blood of Jesus.)

Twice during that week I cried out reminding God it was us down here where that lightning was striking and asking God to please help us and not let us get hurt by that storm.

Exodus 12:13-14  For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD.

13 And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

A few weeks later, I saw a documentary on Netflix, named "Aftershock", the story of the earthquake which came in 2015 to Mt. Everest and the neighborhoods around the mountain.  

None of the people in that area were shown to be calling on God.  They seemed to just live or die by their own wits.  I thought how terrible it would be to depend on yourself as they were shown to do.

(I found this 3 episode presentation to be excellent.)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Joshua 1:5  (God says)  There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Hebrews 13:5  Let your conversation (manner of life) be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for HE (God) hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯