Wednesday, August 9, 2023

πŸ’₯ Keeping yourself in the love of God.


Jude verse 21:  Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


As we think on the mercies of God toward us and others, we "keep ourselves in the love of God."

πŸ’₯  We can think on God's mercy in saving us and causing us to be born again and in the many ways HE changed us from the way we once were as we lived on this earth.

I Corinthians 6

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate (homosexuals), nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


πŸ’₯  I think often on the mercy God showed to Pam Padgett by leading her in medical treatments and removing cancer from Pam's body and sparing her the surgical removal of her bladder as the doctors wanted to do.

Here is Pam's story.  Click here

I never tire of reading Pam's report for it shows how God led her and spared her.  It shows the great mercy of God.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

πŸ’₯  The husband of one of our church group had two small strokes in June, 2023, falling twice and suffering some paralysis.

I was very concerned and thought on this problem many times daily for the two weeks following the diagnosis while he was in hospital.  At first, in hospital, he was unable to walk or feed himself.

They are in their 70's.

They live 15 miles out of town.

They have a large house with a good deal of land around the house which requires attention and is 3 levels with stairs everywhere throughout the house.

Now she would have all the responsibility without help!  So far as I knew, she had no close friends in that area.  Her two adult children lived across the state from her, about 180 miles away.
She would be alone there.

I felt this situation would break her down both physically and emotionally.  Basically I knew the answer was to sell the property and move to the area of the state where her 2 adult children lived.  (But moving is not easy and finding a new property is trying and every problem was magnified with her husband being unable to walk and having paralysis in his hand!)

Pam and I were unable to help, except for prayers, and Pam offered to order things from Amazon as might be needed when husband returned home from hospital.  They live in Virginia (East Coast of USA).  We live in Colorado (Central USA).  And I am unable to travel or even walk, so we couldn't make a trip to Virginia to help her.

For 2 weeks while husband was in hospital, we anxiously checked emails throughout the day and evening to get daily reports on his condition.  Basically it was for us a time of waiting, watching, and praying.

A few days before July 1, 2023, we received an email from her.  They were selling the house and moving to the condo owned by her son in Eastern Virginia.  

At first I rejoiced.  But God gave me an open vision which caused me concern for in the vision I felt I was being shown that she was being swallowed by unbelievers.  None of the people around her are born again Christians.  

(A past dream showed her that her husband was reading the Bible causing me to think he will be born again and perhaps some of the others around her will be born again also but what I felt I saw in the vision was she was being swallowed by them and by worldly thinking in herself.  If she begins to speak up courageously and to speak truth of God, perhaps it can turn.  But so far she has taken in two things contrary to scripture and has spoken those things so it shows me she is being affected wrongly by them and by the circumstances, swallowed up by wrong thinking, instead of holding fast to Bible and speaking that.  

It's dangerous to put yourself with unbelievers unless you are going to strongly hold on to correct doctrine and strongly speak the Word to the unbelievers and live accordingly.)

(They are moving into her twice divorced son's house.  I asked her, "What are you going to do if son brings a woman home to stay the night?")


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

πŸ’₯  In 2018, I began having occasional thoughts from God.  These were very gentle, as thoughts from God often are, and I might not have even known they were from God showing me things to come.

One day, (early in 2018), a thought went through my mind"Maybe I should move to Colorado where Pam Padgett lives and buy a small house and live there where we could visit and she could be near to help me."  

(I had witnessed Pam living in strong faith in God and putting her faith in God and following God.)

Pam is in our church group and does all technical work for the ministry as I write books published on Amazon, and publish blog.  (We had not yet begun Podcasts at the time the thought came about moving to Colorado..)

A few months later, in early 2018, another thought came through my mind:  "You won't be able to continue to live alone as you have been doing."  

I had been living alone in Lubbock, Texas, for approximately 17 years.  I was 80-years old at the time I had that thought and obviously my condition allowing me to live alone would not get better as years added themselves onto my life.

(All these thoughts were spread out over several months and I did not put them together at that time.)

Pam had a similar thought:  "It would be nice if Joan lived in Colorado ... but she would never leave Texas."

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Then on December 6, 2018, I fell at my house in Texas and broke a hip and left wrist which required reconstructive surgery.  

A nurse came into my hospital room to get my signature naming someone who would be in charge of me should I not be able to deal with my medical situation after surgery.

God must have put this into my heart for without any thought at all I said, "Pam Padgett is in charge of me."  (Neither had I asked Pam or discussed such a thing with Pam.  I hadn't even thought of Pam should such happen to me.)

Standing there was another church member who lived in Lubbock where I lived and she said, "How can Pam be in charge of you?  She doesn't even live here."

I replied, "I don't know 'HOW' she can be, but she is."

This church member called Pam in Colorado (450 miles away from Lubbock, Texas) and said to her:  "Joan says you are in charge of her."

Pam replied, "Okay."

When Pam hung up phone she began talking to God and said:  "Well ... what do I need to do now?"

PERFECT!  (Pam would pray over everything!  That was all that was needed.  So many other people try to figure things out by their own mind, not taking everything to God.  I think this is the reason God put Pam in charge of me!)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


Pam came from Colorado to Texas 4 or 5 times after that to help me with various things.  She kept in touch by phone with nurses at the hospital and with nurses at 2 rehabilitation hospitals for the next 2 1/2 months.  Pam took pictures of things at my house and brought them to me at hospital for me to select items I wanted to keep.  Pam worked with my contractor to store the things I wanted to keep from my house, which had been put on the for-sale market.  

(As the ambulance workers rolled me past the front door of my house to take me to the hospital, God said to me: "You'll never see this house again." So from hospital I had contacted a realtor to put house up for sale.)   

Pam arranged a company to handle an estate sale, getting rid of items that I would not be needing in future.  

Pam helped me to get me into a second rehab hospital when the first hospital didn't work out.  (This was another true miracle story.)   They really wanted to get rid of me at that first rehab hospital.  But the strange thing is this:  They sent an evil report concerning me to the other rehab hospitals in Lubbock warning them about me.  So several hospitals turned me down.

(Pam's report concerns this:  It was Christmas 2018, a terrible time to deal with moving to another hospital and finding the right people to set up the move.) 

Pam says: 

When Joan was at the first rehab hospital in Lubbock and I was in Colorado Springs, we spoke on the telephone several times.  She told me of multiple problems she was experiencing at that first rehab hospital.  Telephone calls with the staff were not getting the problems resolved, so I drove from Colorado Spring to Lubbock on Christmas day to meet with staff members the following day.
 
During that meeting, it was clear that they were not willing to make any adjustments to provide Joan with the help she needed.  Joan would need to be moved to another rehab hospital, and that move needed to take place by the end of the year, the following Monday.   I was aware this would probably be a challenge since this was happening during the week between Christmas and New Year's day and many people were on vacation during the holidays. 

I called several rehab hospitals and found 2 which had private rooms available.  They both said they would need to come interview Joan and then talk with the social worker at the hospital where Joan was currently.  
 
The first interview with Joan seemed to go very well.  But after they talked with the social worker, I was informed they had decided they would not accept Joan as a patient.  
 
The second interview was to be held on Friday of that week.  When the interviewer had not come by early afternoon, I called to see when they would be there and was assured someone would come.  But as it became later and later with no one showing up, I became very concerned.  
 
I walked down the hall while praying very fervently to God, telling HIM how impossible it looked for Joan to be moved on Monday, as needed, and asking that HE somehow work it out for Joan to be moved on Monday to a place that would provide good care for her and a peaceful place for her to recover. 
 
When I returned to the room a few minutes later, there was a telephone message from Ashley at the second rehab hospital.  She would not be able to come for an interview, but they had decided to accept Joan without an interview.   The only problem was that Ashley was having trouble contacting the social worker at the hospital where Joan was currently living to make arrangements for Joan to be transferred on Monday.
 
By this time it was after 4 in the afternoon, so I ran to the social worker's office and found her starting to prepare to leave for the day.   I told her the name of the rehab hospital that had agreed to accept Joan as a patient.  She was shocked and said, "They are going to accept her?  But they haven't talked with me."  

I told her they were going to accept Joan without interviewing either Joan or the social worker.  That was settled.  But she needed to immediately call Ashley to make the arrangements to transfer Joan the following Monday.   I gave her Ashley's telephone number.   

The social worker called Ashley and everything was setup for Joan to be transferred to the new rehab hospital the following Monday morning.  
 
Incredibly, everything fell into place after 4pm on the Friday before a holiday weekend!  

And the second rehab hospital worked out well for Joan.  My prayer that Joan be moved on Monday to a place that would provide good care for her and a peaceful place for her to recover was certainly answered. 

Comments by Joan Boney:  

Robert, the head nurse at the new facility told me they took me as a patient because they had previously "heard things" about that hospital which I had been in and they just decided I might not be as bad as their report said about me.  

There was no problem at all for me for the next month and a half at that 2nd hospital.  Robert became a good friend and often visited with me.  I especially like the head nurse who administered the shower schedule.  She and I visited and laughed together.  She had 10 children and often told me very funny stories.  I really liked her.  Others there were equally helpful and friendly toward me.  After I left to live in Colorado, one of the physical therapists even kept in touch with me by email sending me photos of his 2 big dogs, which I have to this day!

God certainly helped Pam then with my needs, and continues to do so, looking after me.  

I'm now almost 86 and have a wonderful life with a great place to live with another true child of God who has the same Holy Spirit of God that I have in me!  That is one of the greatest blessings a person could ever have!

 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯