Friday, August 18, 2023

πŸ’₯ By the "foolishness" of preaching ... God saves them that believe the Word. (I Cor. 1:18)

 
Certainly God can speak the WORD directly without another person speaking, but God chose the foolishness of preaching as one way to save an individual who believes that Word spoken.

So I speak the word, which is the "gospel".

Gospel means God's story.

Whatever God brings to my mind by HIS Holy Spirit, I speak, and God does the work whether that work is salvation or damnation.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Mark 16:20  And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

I have often heard a word from God by the Holy Spirit and have spoken that word and have seen signs following that which I spoke by the Spirit of God.

πŸ’₯  As I was on a plane going to Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA, on a buying trip when I owned my small business in Dallas, Texas (1974-1979), as the plane was touching down on the runway, God said to me, "Be baptised."

I had been baptised when I was 15 years old because I didn't want to go to hell and that is what I thought preacher said to do at Church of Christ.  So I went forward and was baptized but not by the Holy Spirit leading me.  My life didn't change at all.  I just continued to pursue my own interests and personal ambitions.

But after God spoke to me on August 5, 1975, and said:  "Joan ... you know those 'mistakes' you've been making all these years?  Those weren't mistakes.  Those were sins."  My life changed completely and instantly by that word!  

Now I hear, "Be baptized."

When God brings a word to me, I consider that I am to do that word "now".

My Church of Christ cousin was meeting me at the plane.  I said to her, "Jeanne ... if you can arrange it at the church, I will be baptized this afternoon before I go back to Dallas."

She was shocked, and said:  "But you've already been baptized."

"Yes ... but I wasn't born again.  Now I am born again and God said to me today, "Be baptized."

She had no idea what I was talking about, but she did arrange for me to be baptized that afternoon at the Church of Christ which she attended.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

When we arrived at the church building, I was surprised to find approximately 15 of my relatives sitting there waiting to see me baptized.

I was even more surprised when the Church of Christ preacher asked me this:  "Would you like to say something?"

I replied, "I guess so."

He turned the service over to me for me to speak.

I said something like:  "As you know, I was baptized when I was 15.  But I was not born again."

I went on to speak about being born again.  One cousin began shaking her head, "Yes!  Yes!"  She understood what I was saying.

I noticed as I spoke about being born again, my uncle began crying.

As the preacher lowered me into the water, I heard from the Holy Spirit:  "This is like being buried with Christ."

As I came out of the water, the Holy Spirit said, "This is like being raised with Christ."

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

When I went back down into the auditorium, my uncle came to me, still with tears in his eyes:  He said, "I've never heard anyone speak those words you spoke today.  Could you write that out and send it to me."

I said, "I guess so."

(When I got back that afternoon to Dallas, I wrote the words I spoke out as I remembered them and sent them to my uncle that same day.  I tend to do things immediately.)

Years later, God opened my eyes to see that when I spoke that day, my uncle was born again.

(The Lord confirming the Word with signs following.)

I heard from the Holy Spirit to be baptized.  I was baptized that same day the word came to me.  Signs followed the Word that was spoken to me!

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Romans 10:14

“How then shall they call on HIM in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in HIM of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯